Southwest Metro Fishing Report 7/2

• bendvoracek
    Eden Prairie, MN

I took out my son Zach for an evening of fishing. We started out casting jigs in close to the weedline in 8-10 ft of water without any takers. I then went out deeper in 14-16 ft of water near drop off’s where weeds were present and we started to drag jigs on and just off the bottom. From then on it was GAME ON! We ended up catching 8-9 Bass and 3 northern. Couldn’t find any walleye. Biggest Bass of the night were- one 20 inches, two 19 inchers, two 18 inchers, 1 17 incher. I was using a 3/16 oz Precision jig and Berkley Power Bait ring worms in Gold Cracker Charteruse. All in all a good night on the water except for some yuppies and there big wake board boat that doesn’t understand not to go by you pulling someone at about 15 yards!

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

Nice Toads!

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

nice fish!

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

Nice fish, looks like your little man was having a good time. I am waiting for a few more warm days to get the topwater smallie bite going out here in SD. -QB

keepcasting
    Excelsior

Nice work to you and your boy! I have been in a musky slump so I have spent some time chasing bass too and the fishing has been pretty darn good.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.