X-Rap Prop Topwater lure from Rapala

• blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Anyone had the opportunity to try one of these? I’ve been thinking about picking up a few for the fall Smallie bite, but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. They look like a real good lure.

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Fish the tiny Torpedo – Old school and it works very well…

Dog

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

Anyone had the opportunity to try one of these? I’ve been thinking about picking up a few for the fall Smallie bite, but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. They look like a real good lure.

No, but I want to try one before winter!

kwp
    Eden Prairie

Quote:

Fish the tiny Torpedo – Old school and it works very well…

Dog

I second that about the tiny torpedo…The only thing is that you have to change the hooks to a bigger size; too many missed fish with the hooks out of the package.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I have my fair share of those. I’m looking at that bait because it has a little “meat on the bone.” Or maybe I’m suffering from a big bait, big fish syndrome.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Justin Wheeler took some great fish down in Georgia at the FLW Forrest Wood Cup a few weeks ago. I’ve been actually looking at this bait for speckled trout. Never fished them topwater, and it looks awesome. Great colors too.

Joel

iceman35
    upstate New York

I have better luck with prop baits end of summer while the water is still warm… I have this Gilmore jumper that really stirs up the water… Had days where that was the only thing working…
    that rapala looks good.
    Tip: tie direct with some heavy mono for line… cuts down on the tangles…

iceman35
    upstate New York

thanks for the post… just went down in the basement, found an old black Gilmore jumper… gonna try it tommorrow…
    FYI… i’ve had some tough times in the past tuning the props on these baits… results will be here when I get a chance…

matt-p
    White Bear Lake, MN

I have liked the one I have. I used it early season and have gone back to it a few times and caught some nice fish on it.

iceman35
    upstate New York

caught a few smallmouth sunday am on the smaller black gilmore jumper. gotta keep this prop bait and other prop baits handy!!

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Very good lure…I have fished these since last fall when I got a couple from Rapala. The hooks are really sharp and it is a larger lure than the pics represent.
    Pike have eaten two on me so far,,,multi species?
    I will be throwing a few on Cheq bay soon!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.