How much does it cost to be a bass pro?

• Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Guys always want to know how much it costs to go “pro” – Well here is a chance to hear it from the Elite Series pro’s themselves…..Pretty interesting and expensive to say the least:
    http://northrhoadesoutdoors.com/

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

This also doesn’t really take into account the amount of time you need. Making 100K and having Weeks for each event is the hardest part.

red89
    Hudson

13. What is the biggest challenge you’ve faced in your career?

“Paying entry fees! I guess my biggest challenge has always been facing the unknown — the financial aspects of a career in fishing” -Chris Lane

This video really explains statements like this made by lots of elite anglers.

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

Wow great video! Can you post the next video when it comes out, concerning how much is covered by sponsors, etc?

ses
    Mississippi River

GOOD CLIP.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Interesting to look at how much inflation has hit the fishing circuit as it has everything else. I was seriously looking at this in the mid 80’s. At that time, the budget I was facing was about $45K. So in 27 years, its about doubled.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Huge price tag, you don’t cash a check very often, you can’t get a good sponsor, and without those you won’t last too long, unless your name is Rockfeller or VanDam….
    And
    if you are a Bass person know KVD earned his way TOO the TOP, hard work and long hours putting in the time, my hat IS off to him.
    Jack

iceman35
    upstate New York

great high quality video. I dabbled in the pro deal in the 90’s failed terrible. came back with more talent about 8 years ago, got killed, boat didn’t help either!
    A guy could go out and “cheap it” be tough on him if he got family.
    lotta ‘intro’ trails to test your stuff. BFL, weekend series etc. go get em.
    Again, nice quality video…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.