Sorry, I don’t want snow yet

• lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

My kids were so excited for snow this morning. I know we are only supposed to get a couple inches but I don’t want snow yet. I was enjoying the salt-free roads and outdoor activities without getting wet. Doh…

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Not a big fan yet either. We do obviously need moisture though so every snowflake or rain drop counts. Less than 2 weeks ago, it was 74 degrees. This weekend looks like January-type cold. Guess we’re going directly from summer to winter again.

CaptainMusky

Yeah, this is good ice making weather, but please hold off on any big snowstorms until the lakes are frozen up solid so we have a good ice year. My wife saw 4 accidents on the way to school and slid through one of the round abouts. Dang its cold far too early.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I was really hoping for some measurable rains before frost and snow. It’s looking like that’s not going to happen. The margin for disaster with regards to drought next growing season is going to be miniscule. Hopefully we at least get considerable snowfalls and a nice slow, steady melt in Spring to help.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’m ready to get in the woods tonight and tomorrow with the snow. Heck yeah, looks like solid snow through Thursday if my weather is right

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I’m ready to get in the woods tonight and tomorrow with the snow.

I’m gonna go pheasant hunting on Wed afternoon. I love hunting birds after a fresh snow.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Got everything buttoned up over the weekend. Bring it on. My dog loves the snow!

-J.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

If you don’t need to drive in the Metro this morning, stay home. Damn skating rink out there!

-J.

CaptainMusky

If you don’t need to drive in the Metro this morning, stay home. Damn skating rink out there!

-J.

Yeah its wild how flipping slippery it is. This is a fluffy snow too. Strange.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Ready or not, here it is. I just hope any large snowfall can wait till after we get some good ice formed. With our current forecast of lows anywhere from low20’s down to near 0 at nights and daytimes temps not getting above 32 for the next 10 days we have some great ice making conditions. Now just need light winds and no big snow storms and we will be off to a good ice season by thanksgiving weekend !!! Been a few years since I was last on the ice by thanksgiving. This may be one of those years.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jon Jordan wrote:</div>

-J.

Yeah its wild how flipping slippery it is. This is a fluffy snow too. Strange.

If 2″ of snow is causing that many issues, it’s going to be a long winter for the city slickers.

Terrible, panicked winter drivers is reason #134,476 why living in the metro/suburbs would be impossible for me

B-man

I pulled a skiddy from Shakopee to Inver Grove Heights this morning, and can attest the roads were pretty icy.

At stop lights I would just spin in 2wd with decent tires and proper tongue weight….good times rotflol

Reminded me of hwy 46 between Deer River and Northhome for half the winter, minus the big pines.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Im all for snow. Makes scouting for fresh tracks insanely easy. Plus gun season is closed in the 200s now. Ill probably have the woods to myself this weekend applause

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I pulled a skiddy from Shakopee to Inver Grove Heights this morning, and can attest the roads were pretty icy.

At stop lights I would just spin in 2wd with decent tires and proper tongue weight….good times rotflol

Reminded me of hwy 46 between Deer River and Northhome for half the winter, minus the big pines.

HA……drive the county roads then up there!!!!!!! crazy rotflol rotflol

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Im all for snow. Makes scouting for fresh tracks insanely easy. Plus gun season is closed in the 200s now. Ill probably have the woods to myself this weekend applause

Thinking the same thing. Now I’ll see how all the tracks are looking in the woods.

CaptainMusky

If 2″ of snow is causing that many issues, it’s going to be a long winter for the city slickers.

Yeah the first snow of the season is always an adventure. Its amazing how many knuckleheads there are out there. I had to run to Little Falls over the lunch. Roads were mainly just wet. I got passed by some chick and then she moved to right lane. A state trooper in the left. She was about to pass him so he promptly pulled her over LOL

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Yes I love the 4 hour drive to work this morning. Let it snow…..

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

With the temp its snowing just hard enough to accumulate while still melting underneath causing just about maximum slipperyness on everything but the main roads. Lots of people jumping curbs today.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Thinking the same thing. Now I’ll see how all the tracks are looking in the woods.

You must be far enough north to be in a 100s? Either way good luck! I would bet youll be one of few with how cold it will be.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I’ll admit it was beautiful this morning. My kids were having a blast at the bus stop. I even enjoy it myself but guess just wasn’t ready for it yet. I think probably because I know how long of a slog winter gets to be. A month from now would have been just fine. Hate to say it but actually just depressed about it. Have to shake myself out of it somehow…

glenn57
    cold spring mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

You must be far enough north to be in a 100s? Either way good luck! I would bet youll be one of few with how cold it will be.

same here……leaving wed AM!!!!!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

A month from now would have been just fine.

That’s kinda what I was thinking too. It could all be melted in a month too now!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

159 now, 225 before

tim hurley

Brightens things up, otherwise Nov. can be brown and grey-that said I did want one more week in the boat-oh well.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Looks like it’s gonna melt next week anyways. I’m seeing 40 degrees and sun again.

Ripjiggen

Only bright side is now my neighbors leaves won’t blow into my yard. whistling

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

I have not raked the leaves

B-man

I have not raked the leaves

Yesterday my lawn was covered in leaves, and my neighbors were all green grass.

Now today my lawn looks just like all of my neighbors, a beautiful plush white.

Bowhunting took precedence over lawn care mrgreen

Meanwhile my neighbor across the street watches every leaf fall and runs around with a leaf vacuum as each one comes down….he desperately needs a hobby lol

Deuces

Have a line of snowballs waiting outside the door to test the kiddos new jacket tomorrow, I’ll make sure she gets a few good paces in front B4 the assault begins.

MX1825

Put the boat in the shed today. Brother and I were planning 1 last trip this coming weekend but highs of 18 in Central Wisconsin decided to pack it in. flame
    Time to change the oils in the Yamaha’s and work on the ice gear.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.