Something my school taught me.

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

“I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.”

I will admit, it was a bunch of years ago but it’s something that stuck with me all these years.

Jeffrey Trapp
    Milbank, SD

I like to throw an ‘Amen’ in there at the end as well.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

whats your point

I can fill up this forum with dull details from my past as well but I don’t see the point. Maybe you should invest in a diary

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

whats your point

I can fill up this forum with dull details from my past as well but I don’t see the point. Maybe you should invest in a diary

fight

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

My school taught me math, history, science and how to read!

It also taught me that being different meant you will be insulted, ridiculed and made to feel like a lesser human being.

I also learned that if your parents had a lot of money then you could do all sorts of bad stuff and not really face any consequences.

School sure was awesome and taught me all the right things!

Stanley

It is still taught and said everyday at the school my kids go to. Should be that way at every school and if it offends you to pledge allegiance to this great country we live in please leave.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I miss when I used to read and learn things about fishing on this site.

I will admit, it was a bunch of weeks ago but it’s something that stuck with me all these weeks.

Timmy

For someone who doesn’t like this thread, you are the only double poster on it so far. Don’t like it, don’t open it, don’t read it, don’t post on it…….

Bass_attack

I miss when I used to read and learn things about fishing on this site.

Whats your point

Don’t read and participate in threads that are about non fishing topics. wave

Mookie Blaylock
    Wright County, MN

Same trap that was set last week. Crappie fell in it twice. coffee

There’s an old saying in Tennessee — I know it’s in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can’t get fooled again.

404 ERROR
    MN

whats your point

Does a person need a point or justification to be patriotic? Neither of your posts on this GENERAL DISCUSSION thread was about fishing, which you state is why you’re here. I suggest you click on…

moon moon moon moon moon

basseyes

My dad taught me to put my shovel down.

Josh Bothum

Same trap that was set last week. Crappie fell in it twice. coffee

There’s an old saying in Tennessee — I know it’s in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can’t get fooled again.

“I always… “

big_g
    Isle, MN

Like any great society (there were many before this one) all good things must come to an end. Something that you never had to work for, you begin to take advantage of it and think your entitled to it…. (ALOT of blood was spilled so people can sit down and disrespect that which affords you the very right to do that and also to wake up free every morning, play a game and make million$, some places in the world, THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN) It erodes slowly at first (1 or 2 posters) but they breed and then pretty soon it’s all over. I am just thankful that I think we can hang on at least through my lifetime.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

The ones posting here that are negative about the Pledge of allegiance are probably ones who promoted or were glad they took the word “God” out of the Pledge of Allegiance. My guess is they are also the Kapernick lovers.
    If they don’t like these posts,then don’t open them or read them. Unfortunately alot of people were injured or died to give you that freedom. Now turn around, get your heads out of your arsses, and stand up and show some respect to the process that has given you such said freedoms.
    That’s what I believe a lot of us here are trying to get across to some of you out there.
    GET IT???
    SPEAK ANY ENGLISH???
    flame

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

Give me a break, someone doesn’t need to post patriotic messages 2x a week on a message board to be patriotic. Typing up the pledge of allegience is no more patriotic than me picking my nose.

And commenting that it’s a weird thing to post doesn’t equate to being offended by it or disagreeing in the least.

For every true patriot that loves this country and has actually done something to make it a better place there’s 10,000 ‘patriots’ who pee in their american flag underwear after that case of budweiser to ‘honor our country’. But those people say the national anthem so they are true americans/patriots or some crap.

Yawn. America rules, other countries suck, blah blah blah.

Bass_attack

The ones posting here that are negative about the Pledge of allegiance are probably ones who promoted or were glad they took the word “God” out of the Pledge of Allegiance. My guess is they are also the Kapernick lovers.
    If they don’t like these posts,then don’t open them or read them. Unfortunately alot of people were injured or died to give you that freedom. Now turn around, get your heads out of your arsses, and stand up and show some respect to the process that has given you such said freedoms.
    That’s what I believe a lot of us here are trying to get across to some of you out there.
    GET IT???
    SPEAK ANY ENGLISH???
    flame

Amen

wait is that religous? Well anyway better get me off of here

When will crappie come back to bite? coffee

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Looks like I found a thread that will keep me entertained this weekend.

Pete S

whats your point

Two “I”‘s and a “my” in your first sentence. what I frequently have to remind my 9 year old is the world doesn’t revolve around her….grow up

bullcans
    Northfield MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>crappie55369 wrote:</div>
    whats your point

Two “I”‘s and a “my” in your first sentence. what I frequently have to remind my 9 year old is the world doesn’t revolve around her….grow up

x2

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Is it February/March? Because a thread like this usually happens then.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

It’s a “Tweener” season man!
    Whenever we are between seasons we have nothing else to do but “Bicker” or bitch about something!

bowtecmike
    Zimmerman mn

This was a good one to read while I was in the bear stand tonight. Kept my mind off the mosquitos for a bit.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Good ole scour hole debate sounds pretty good right now.

Justin Phillips
    Bloomer, WI

Goes to show how fun I am this Friday night, this thread is the most entertaining thing going on right now.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Dutchy why didn’t your school teach you the difference between to and too? Just something I’ve noticed in your ramblings… coffee

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Dutchy why didn’t your school teach you the difference between to and too? Just something I’ve noticed in your ramblings… coffee

I want to
    I want too
    I want two

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Well one thing we all have in common here is freedom to post our thoughts, whichever they may be. I for one will not forget those that sacrificed their lives for the freedoms I have today. Therefore…

Attachments:
    1. Wallpaper-Of-The-Day_-Freedom-Common-Sense-Evaluation.jpg

2. Patriotism-_-Military-and-Patriotism-_-Pinterest-1.jpg

3. Patriotism-_-Military-and-Patriotism-_-Pinterest.jpg

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

So in order to clarify your position,
    Meaning all who read this.
    When was the last time you actually stood at attention and pledged the alegence to the flag.
    Standing up during the Nation Anthem excuded, Just who has pledged before the flag?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Something my school taught me.’ is closed to new replies.