Software update 20.00 Released

• JoeMX1825
    MN

Fyi

Supposedly it fixes alot of the Livescope issues that popped up in version 19.10+ releases, the few early reviews claim its the best software release yet, I’m holding off installing until more user reviews come out. The fact that Garmin upped the versioning to 20.00 represents a significant milestone revision (ie – they just didn’t add a simple code fix and call it 20.00, they made a milestone revision that warranted the 20.00 version number)

I think they fixed all of the Livescope display issues users reported lately (Garmin won’t admit to it) and fine tuned the software for the LVS32 & LVS34.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Garmin also released new simulator files, so you can now see the LVS34 transducer in the simulator…

Karry Kyllo

Joe,
    Are the simulator files included in update 20.0?

sipple31
    West Central Sconni

I’m having issues with one of my two units after upgrading. The backlight turns off after accepting the legalese. Can just barely see if I kneel down… turning backlight up in settings doesn’t do anything.
    But I know it’s not the backlight itself because the Garmin logo and legalese are normal on boot up.
    Still getting the random black lines in my side imaging.
    Will have to get with their support tomorrow.

sipple31
    West Central Sconni

I’m having issues with one of my two units after upgrading. The backlight turns off after accepting the legalese. Can just barely see if I kneel down… turning backlight up in settings doesn’t do anything.
    But I know it’s not the backlight itself because the Garmin logo and legalese are normal on boot up.
    Still getting the random black lines in my side imaging.
    Will have to get with their support tomorrow.

Circling the wagons on this… for some reason hitting the power button multiple times has an effect on the backlight (in this state) when going in through the normal menu did not. Just a software quirk I guess.

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=2fyxM6Ca6M1md43udeZGu7&productID=690363&searchQuery=backlight&tab=topics

JoeMX1825
    MN

hve you called Garmin customer service on this issue? They are great to work with…

sipple31
    West Central Sconni

I tried but their phones and chat were down that day. I came across this workaround that seems to be working fine for the time being.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.