Snowmobile Trails to Secluded Panfish in Northern Minnesota – IDO TV S 17 E9

• Kyle
    Keymaster
    Woodbury

Season 17 Episode 9 is LIVE!

In-Depth Outdoors Host James Holst joins Josh Bullivant of Trapper’s Landing Lodge to ride snowmobile trails south of Leech Lake to avoid the crowd and chase active panfish.

Tom schmitt

Pretty good show. I liked how they pointed out the issues and solutions to using the live scope.
    I would have liked to have seen a little more on how to break down the lake without live scope.
    Live scope would be awesome but not in everyone’s budget.
    I still need help figuring out my starting points.

mojo

I’m with you on peaceful fishing James. That is exactly why many of us come here to IDO. We try to learn more about fishing, so we can find places to fish away from others.
    A peaceful day away from the masses with mediocre fish, is definitely preferable to fishing in a crowd.
    I can’t believe I used to actually get excited to head down to Red Wing late winter and fish where you could almost walk across the boats – I’d much rather sit on the ice catching eater size bluegills today.

tim hurley

I agree with Tom LS is still out of reach financially for me.
    I have stayed at Trappers, Josh is a great guy to talk with, I have never met a resort guy who is so in touch with area lakes, and so happy to share his knowledge. Fun show

Ryan Schwartz

Enjoyed the “Back to Basics” show! As pointed out in the episode, that’s what ice fishing is at the core.

queenswake
    NULL

Most of us are small time guys without wheelhouses scouting out local lakes. I follow a lot of Youtube channels and get so bored with another wheelhouse or rental stay on Red or LOTW. Help me find fish on the smaller lakes that I spend most of my time on. This was a great episode for that.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

I want to see a show where you come down to Mpls and fish one of the Chain of Lakes. Now that would be cool with the city in the back round.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I want to see a show where you come down to Mpls and fish one of the Chain of Lakes. Now that would be cool with the city in the back round.

I always wanted them to go on one of the local lakes. White bear, forest lake, Chisago, or something similar. And see a successful fishing with quality fish. Walleye would be even better. But that would most likely bring even more pressure to the lake.
    I do enjoy the back woods panfish stuff

Kyle
    Keymaster
    Woodbury

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bigcrappie wrote:</div>

I always wanted them to go on one of the local lakes. White bear, forest lake, Chisago, or something similar. And see a successful fishing with quality fish. Walleye would be even better. But that would most likely bring even more pressure to the lake.
    I do enjoy the back woods panfish stuff

Doing a show in the metro would be tough to hide the location and the amount of pressure after it aired would be pretty heavy. I think we would have some people angry with us after that.

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

Looks like there wasn’t. I just went to watch my recording and it was a rerun of last week.

Michael Malone

Bummer! Always look forward to Sundays for the new episode lol. Thanks!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

No new episode, DANG!!!
    Maybe the fish weren’t biting. whistling

Kyle
    Keymaster
    Woodbury

No new episode, DANG!!!
    Maybe the fish weren’t biting. whistling

Sometimes the fish don’t cooperate. One of the risks of filming a fishing show the same week it gets released. Sorry guys!

ganderpike
    Alexandria

Looks like IDO took the advice on chasing crappies in OTC ha. I’ll be out there Thursday before the show airs. Great bite for TV too.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Looks like IDO took the advice on chasing crappies in OTC ha. I’ll be out there Thursday before the show airs. Great bite for TV too.

I seen the new picture, I figured they were out in Alex chased jk, jk.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.