Snowmobile price?

• Alex Fox

We’re looking to sell a couple of older snowmobiles and hoping to get some honest feedback as to what price we should sell them for. They were professionally serviced a couple of years ago by Power Lodge and we maintain annual servicing of the machines. The snowmobiles run great, but unfortunately, after two hip surgeries, I can no longer sit in the reclined position.

1995 Trail – Electric start – 1250 miles
    1997 XLT LIM – 1077 miles – wired for Helix, RAM mount for flasher and an auger rack

Photos attached. We appreciate everyone’s assessments and thoughts!

Attachments:
    1. 20230903_182045-scaled.jpg

2. 20230903_182022-scaled.jpg

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

More details are needed. What size motors, is the trail a 500 and the XLT a 600?

Is the trailer included?

mojogunter

Prices on used sleds are returning to a somewhat normal level again. In general a running 20+ year old sled is worth IMO $500-1000

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

On a good day $1000-$1500, miles on old sleds doesn’t seem to matter after 20 years things just start to break down. Any buyer would want to check the carb boots to make sure there is no cracking. Little leak will burn those motors up in a hurry. Also crank seals dry out which can also cause a problem. They look like nice sleds but they are old. In the end there worth what someone will pay.

dhpricco
    Twin Cities, MN

Alex, Where are you located? My brother in law seems to like buying older sleds like this.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

It’s hay days this weekend. Come park them along 95 and they will be gone.

Alex Fox

Trailer would not be included.

We’re located in the northwest metro.

My apologies, not sure on the engines, I’m not a sled guy.

Night Caster

I personally would probably take them to an online auction site where they have thousands of people viewing them and thats where you’ll find the market price for these sleds. Not only that but you sell them as is and no one can come calling you later if something should go wrong. pay 7% consignment fee and get rid of your headace of having to try and sell for yourself.

jumpingeorge

XLT will be a 600 triple, if kept tuned its a good engine. The trail is a 488 fan, probably the most reliable engine Polaris ever put in a snowmobile. I’d say $1500/ea would be fair.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I recently bought a 03 sport trail 550 clean 1100 Miles with enough spare brand new parts to build a second sled, brand new track new shocks second set of skis, 2 windshields, carb rebuild kit and so on for 1k. Used sled market on older sleds isn’t sky rocketed like last winter.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I personally would probably take them to an online auction site where they have thousands of people viewing them and thats where you’ll find the market price for these sleds. Not only that but you sell them as is and no one can come calling you later if something should go wrong. pay 7% consignment fee and get rid of your headace of having to try and sell for yourself.

You sell as is private market and no one can call you about anything either. If they do, that’s why you sold as is.

Coletrain27

xlt i would ask $1500. the trail will be a little less. there old but pretty low mileage. they are the evolved chassis which is not really that sought after but they would make nice kids sleds for starting out

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Who charges 7%?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.