Snow Thursday

• troutbum
    St. Paul

Looks like more winter driving this week.
    3-5” Wednesday.
    Up to a foot Thursday.

munchy
    NULL

For Rochester…..

Accumulation-
    5-8″ Wednesday AM
    5-8″ Wednesday PM
    5-8″ Thursday AM
    1-3″ Thursday PM

I’m over winter now….

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Wow, media drama never stops…

haleysgold
    SE MN

I’m not buying it yet.
    Weather guy on 9 said don’t pay any attention to all the speculations yet. Forecast is way too uncertain yet.
    Gawd, I sure hope they’re wrong!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I ain’t buying it yet. If they still predict it on wed then I’ll start worrying. Until then, it’s just weather terrorism.

tornadochaser

I’m not buying it yet.
    Weather guy on 9 said don’t pay any attention to all the speculations yet. Forecast is way too uncertain yet.
    Gawd, I sure hope they’re wrong!

This.
    The important thing to know right now is that there is another major weather system about to affect SD, southern ND, MN, IA, & parts of NE.
    Possible severe storms and possible blizzard conditions out of the same system.
    Locations will be dialed in by Monday nights model runs, but precipitation amounts will be very hard to predict due to the fact that 1-2 degrees of air temperature could wildly alter snowfall amounts.

tim hurley

Its a thing out over the pacific right now-A lot can happen; or not.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Weather Underground is predicting 8-12 inches for Wednesday and Thursday both. It’s WAY to early to make that prediction, but I’m still hoping they’re very, very wrong. It has to stop sometime, right?

S.R.

riverruns
    Inactive

Long range forecast on accuweather for Minneapolis shows BLIZZARD for Thursday of this week. Good luck.

When was the crest for the river? I might have missed that.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

When was the crest for the river? I might have missed that.

Not to worry bud. If this storm pans out and dumps tons of any kind of moisture in the Mississippi’s watershed you might get a chance to enjoy the second crest.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Its coming

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Please God no……. bawling

B-man

Whether we end up getting 2″ or 20″, at least it won’t hang around long waytogo

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Big downgrade this morning for the Twin Cities. Last night, the forecast was for 10 inches Wed and 11 on Thursday.

This morning they’ve totally zeroed out the snow for Wednesday and went with rain only. On Thurs, most forecasts say 9 inches of snow.

This system was still out at sea in Alaska yesterday and the temp is so close freezing that I can see where this one would be tough to predict. Two degrees up or down will be the decider in this one.

Of course last night on TV, Deadeye Dave Dahl forecast somewhere between 1 and 242 inches. He also predicted yesterday’s weather, but as is usual, he got it wrong.

Grouse

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Big downgrade this morning for the Twin Cities. Last night, the forecast was for 10 inches Wed and 11 on Thursday.

This morning they’ve totally zeroed out the snow for Wednesday and went with rain only. On Thurs, most forecasts say 9 inches of snow.

This system was still out at sea in Alaska yesterday and the temp is so close freezing that I can see where this one would be tough to predict. Two degrees up or down will be the decider in this one.

Of course last night on TV, Deadeye Dave Dahl forecast somewhere between 1 and 242 inches. He also predicted yesterday’s weather, but as is usual, he got it wrong.

Grouse

This is all on you Grouse. You jinxed us when you asked if you could take the chains of the tractor tires flame

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i dont know…….i just seen on MSN’s homepage we are smack dab in the middle of terror!!!!! of course i’ll be in red wing the next 2 days and driving home wed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! doah crazy evil

tangler
    Inactive

I think I’m more concerned with the 2-week forecast showing only 3 or 4 days without some kind of precip. Not what we need for the river.

haleysgold
    SE MN

The models are showing SE MN in the bullseye.
    With the rivers already high if it comes mostly as snow, it’ll be a slower melt but if we get mostly rain it’ll go directly in.
    Could be interesting…
    Maybe it’ll fizzle and we’ll get nothing…

BoatsHateMe
    Between Pool 2 and Pool 4

I should have pool 4 all to myself on Thursday. applause

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Just read a report of 30-40 Inches in south central MN. Pffff whatever.

Charles

LOL 30 – 40 inches lol

JoeMX1825
    MN

just bring on the White Walkers and lets get this over with!

eyefishwalleye
    Central MN

Must be global warming, er global cooling, um climate change… coffee

xplorer
    Cloquet, MN

X Junior is supposed to run in the Dean Bishop Invite track meet in Austin on Friday and Saturday.
    Last year they had 8″ of snow the day before, and had to cancel. Now this. Unreal.

There goes his chance to go to the SPAM museum for the second year in a row wink (it really IS listed as an optional activity for the kids to do while there LOL)

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Grouse

This^

Any forecasters worth watching will not touch snowfall totals this far in advance with a storm that’s going to hit an area with 32-38 degree air in-place and no current snow cover or frost to hold early snow. I wouldn’t really put to much focus on any forecasts that come out before the Tuesday PM model runs.

Now for my completely uneducated prediction: Somewhere close to or just south of the Cities ends up with 8-10″ of real heavy wet snow in total by the time this is all done. I’m not buying the 14+” that is being shared out there. The first couple of inches isn’t going to stick with the warm ground and lack of snow cover. From Rochester on South I’m guessing sleet and rain mixed in really cut totals over Wednesday-Friday to maybe 3-4″ of slush. Some places in Southern MN will end up with 2+” of rain.

Kirk Charipar
    west central wi

Anybody else catch the graphic on Sunday night CBS national news showing 1-2 FEET right up the Miss river valley? That made me rotflol

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

This was from the Startribune – Mind-blowing roll

Current models show a “mind-blowing” amount of precipitation, but NWS meteorologists feel that those models are overpredicting, Hewett said.

Belinda said 12″ and she had on a really nice outfit tonight. waytogo

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.