Small Electronics

• Graham Redshaw

I have a 1448 Jon boat that I use to fish small lakes and rivers. I haven’t put electronics on it because of the river use and how rough that can be. That being said, what are some mounting options that would help protect the transducer and what small 4″/5″ electronics are the best value?

TIA

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Just mount it portable, clamp a transducer board that reaches up to the top of the transom. Manufacturers have systems or make your own. Any 4 or 5″ unit, or look for used.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Mount the transducer inside the hull. They use to (don’t know if they still do) do that all the time on Bass boats. Works great.

I would maybe use a Johnny Ray for the locator. Post up some pictures when you get it done.

jetdriver
    Hudson WI

I built a box with a hinged top for my 1648. Built it tall enough for a radio and speakers on the side. Mount the fish finder on top with gps puck. Toggle switches for lights and even a 12v outlet. Made it the same width as rear side bench with L brackets that screw into side of box to bench.
    For transducer I have an old trolling motor bracket and shaft. Mount it on Tran some without putting holes in boat. Can be tilted up to avoid spray when traveling.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.