SM Lazer Mag Recoil Hard to Pull

• Bassn Dan

This week when I would pull the recoil on my Lazer Mag the first pull or two would be REALLY hard to pull even though the compression release button had been pushed. After that it would pull normally, but the first pull or two was like it was “kicking back” even though it wasn’t firing yet. It pulls hard enough that I’m afraid I’ll break the recoil. It seems like it happens after it’s been laying down (positioned the right way) and I have to prime it to start.

Any thoughts? I’ve only had it out a handful of times since I got it last January and it starts and runs great otherwise.

Dan

mojogunter

Do you hear the compression release button working? Best guess it is sticking and not lowering the compression.

Bassn Dan

With a cold weather hat on I can’t hear it “click” when I push it while fishing. I just tried pushing the button and pulling the recoil in the basement and it was fine, but it hadn’t been laid down or primed before I pulled it.

Thanks for the reply I’ll see how it goes if I get out this week, and will try pushing the button in and out a couple times to make sure it’s going all the way in. Maybe I should spray the button with a little WD-40?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.