Slow Down!

• mikek
    Brainerd-Mille Lacs

Was up last weekend and there were people driving way to fast. Even had some clown pulling a tandem wheelhouse (had to be doing 30) come flying by. When we got there Saturday morning we could see a good 8 to 10 feet away in 20′ of water. Sunday morning when we left because of the circus we could barely see 2′. Even with just the plain pickups flying by, the ice was getting destroyed. Driving slow you could hear the crack. Some other people pulled up and parked with there wheelhouse 30′ away from us. Needless to say we left with all the water under the snow. Common sense please!

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

Well said.

I’ve never seen water quality affected by traffic, but I can believe it if people are behaving like that and creating waves under the ice.

It’s a different breed sometimes up on Mille Lacs. Weekend warriors with little in the form of common sense or respect for fellow anglers. They all use Navionics and crowd the same areas, while leaving open wide expanses of similar structure.

I had a guy in a 28′ Ice Castle park 30 feet away from me and my dad on Indian Point on Thursday at 2pm because “that’s where my mark is”. He parked right in my grid of holes. Behind me was literally 400 yards of wide-open break with not a single soul on it. The bite sucked from that point on, for both of us.

Xbomber8X
    Sartell, MN

God damn citiots, I’m so sick of them!!! Refuse to fish this lake on the weekends, was out there tonight and at prime time they couldn’t care less about fishing!!! Outside screaming, cranking the music and yelling from one ice castle to another!! Seen one jackass blaring music and didn’t even have his fish house lowered all the way down the whole time!!!!! I don’t care, I’m gonna say it. It was out of Terry’s, hope one of you jackasses reads this, park your poop at home and party. My last Saturday on mille lacs was tonight.

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

God damn citiots, I’m so sick of them!!!

Then why of the 10000 lakes in MN do you choose to fish Mille lacs?

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

appreciate the message mikek however im confused by where you choose to put it. I don’t think many people that frequent this forum are the types that would be doing this sort of thing. I get it if you just want to vent but If your intent was to have an impact on how people drive on mille lacs I would broadcast the message elsewhere. I know not many on here do bookface however there are a lot of ice fishing groups on there that get a fair amount of discussion and it seems to be populated with more noobs or “cidiots” as some like to say. Perhaps a post on one of those would get more attention from the people that need to hear it

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

People that classifies everyone from the Twin Cities and surrounding communities “Citiots” are themselves Idiots.
    I’m going to say it, I read it here that someone called us Citiots. I hope one of you jackasses read this and parks their fingers off the keyboard.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

God damn citiots, I’m so sick of them!!!

What is a citiots?

David Blais

Does not like partying. Has a bar in his fish house…zoom in on the picture

munchy
    NULL

A ranting post at 12:30am is typically attributed to one thing…. coffee

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

If I live in north branch am I far enough north to be a red neck? Or do I still file under citiodt

Jake Jacobs

Big Lake = Cidiot??? Asking for a friend.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I think you are asking because you really don’t know?

What is a citiots?

citiots = city idiots. Anyone from inside the 494/694 loop.

Count me as one I guess…. coffee

-J.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Whew, I’m just outside the loop!

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

I think you are asking because you really don’t know?

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bob clowncolor wrote:</div>
    What is a citiots?

citiots = city idiots. Anyone from inside the 494/694 loop.

Count me as one I guess…. coffee

-J.

Born, grow up, or currently live in???

I think I need better clarification.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Whew, I’m just outside the loop!

That means your a hick. Dual exhaust, mud tires, balls hanging from your hitch, Trump bumper sticker, etc…

CaptainMusky

Someone called me a citiot and I live North of St Cloud. -(

The message is important, but the execution of this message in particular was wide left.

It never ceases to amaze me how fast people drive on the ice. Ridiculous. Then they wonder why there are blowouts on pressure ridges or along shore.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Message is correct. Just slow down. It’s your leisure time none of us are good enough to make a job of fishing.

Nice job Gill, I’m sure Trump had something to do with the pressure ridges and slush on the lake.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

If I live in north branch am I far enough north to be a red neck? Or do I still file under citiodt

Inside the loop = citiot
    North of 694 = redneck
    North of Hinckley = hillbilly
    North of Cloquet = ranger
    South of 494 = move to Iowa and leave us citiots alone

I grew up in Circle Pines which I think makes me trailer trash even though I didn’t grow up in a trailer.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Nice job Gill, I’m sure Trump had something to do with the pressure ridges and slush on the lake.

All the pfc’s in his hair spray are largely responsible for our current global warming, so yes its his fault. Among other current maladies.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I’ll blame Trump for this…….he beat Hilary when the Dems couldn’t come up with one single better candidate in the whole country.

?????

I live way north of Hinkley but still have all my teeth so am I still a hillbilly? What are the qualifications to be a hillbilly? Was born on the range so I think that just makes me all kinds of messed up. Lived in the cities inside the loop for several years and Circle pines as well. Chose to move back up north to make a living the hard way. So lets see here Hillbilly, citiot, Redneck, trailer trash Ranger sweet!!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I would say it makes you a genius.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I resemble that remark.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’ll blame Trump for this…….he beat Hilary when the Dems couldn’t come up with one single better candidate in the whole country.

I’ll climb aboard this train. Although, it wasn’t that they didn’t have a better candidate, they just gave the wrong one the nomination.

People voted for ‘unlikable Republican guy who will make ultra-rich white people richer and do nothing for 99.9% of Americans, also likely has major mental health issues’

over

‘Unlikable democrat lady who will make ultra-rich white people richer and do nothing for 99.9% of Americans, just less outwardly racist and white supremecyish’. Or they just didn’t show up at all.

People could have been voting for ‘old white dude who wants to help not-ultra rich white people’ :(.

Stupid Dems just don’t learn, everybody would be feeling the Bern so hard right now.

Like, everybody, even those who didn’t want to feel any Berning whatsoever. Especially Dutchboy, specifically Dutchboy would have been feeling the Bern so hard right now, like extremely hard Berning feelings right now. He has great Berning feelings, some of the best Berning, talk to anybody, the best Berning you’ve ever seen. He doesn’t drive fast on Mille Lacs but the Bernings are there, they are good, ask anybody, he has very stable Berning, one of the best. I think if you look at the facts that I completely made up, his Berning is near the top, almost 100%, the dems have never seen Berning this high, you won’t hear it from them, it would be historic Berning, but he’s done it.

AND YOU CAN BET YOUR ACE THAT PEOPLE WOULD BE DRIVING SLOWER ON MILLE LACS.

phishingruven01
    Inactive
    southeast lower michigan

what did I just read? coffee

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Wtf was that? Tickle philerson idea

Do you think he gets the bern

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Slow Down!’ is closed to new replies.