Sleeper house with the Fam

• Butchy12

Hey gang – Looking for some recommendations for sleeper house with Mom and the 3 kids this winter. I’ve been looking into the “bigger” lakes such as Mille Lacs, Leech, and Winnie but open to whatever. As of right now Trappers Landing on Leech has my vote. I don’t have an underwater camera so I like that’s it outfitted with one. I’m really looking for comfort but also action. I don’t care about species or size. I do have my own gear so bouncing away from the sleeper is an option…weather permitting.

Ripjiggen

Trappers is a great choice. Might not be best choice for a ton of action but that all depends.
    Red lake is another option.
    One option people don’t talk about as much is that there are several places that rent Wheel houses to DYI…that is what we do twice a year. Then I know I will be set up on fresh ice and can move around all that I want.

Butchy12

I thought about DYI renting. If you don’t mind who/where do you rent from? Do they provide a generator? Like I mentioned, I have most of the gear just not the house and I want to try the sleeper deal with the fam.

Ripjiggen

There are several options if you google. I have done mine through the pleasure land RV. They also rent generators.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I have not used them but the trappers idea sounds like a good plan, a camera to help keep the kiddos entertained and yes I agree Leech is not my first pick of lakes, it has other things around to keep the fam happy. I like LOW and Red but they are not as family friendly. Whatever you do rent one bigger than you think you need.

hoytpower
    buffalo county, wi

We did Mille Lacs last year and had fun. was dead during the day but the night bite on rattle reels was good.

27eyeguy

Sportsman Sleepers LOW has been good for us. What ages are the kids? Board games and football or Frisbee if weather allows can break up the slow times. LOW is a day bite lake, pretty dead at nite. We take generator, laptop, and couple movies also.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

LOTW Sleepers has awesome houses with a generator and TV. Otherwise I’d reach out to Chas Dobias with First City Guide Service, he rents fully outfitted Ice Castles out and he can setup on Red or LOW, or I believe you can DIY as well.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Sportsman Sleepers LOW has been good for us. What ages are the kids? Board games and football or Frisbee if weather allows can break up the slow times. LOW is a day bite lake, pretty dead at nite. We take generator, laptop, and couple movies also.

Lotw has one of the better night bites around.
    Just don’t fish 30 ft of water.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.