Skid House charges

• Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

Is it normal/usual to charged for
    Unbanking, Unblocking and breaking free a skid house when you have an annual contract to have the house put out and brought in. I understand needing to pay for blocking and banking when it goes out but don’t recall all the “un” charges?

B-man

Is there a written contract you can read through?

I don’t know if it’s normal or not, just a thought.

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

Thanks, nothing in writing.

Coletrain27

I don’t have a skid house but every year can vary as far as weather conditions with snow/slush/water on the ice and can freeze things in more some years than others which may result in a lot more work for them to get it off the ice.

I guess if the contract doesn’t mention anything about extra charges then I would ask them about it

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

With my skid house on MilleLacs, it’s a yes. If I don’t un-bank my house I get a charge. I think it’s only $20, but it is a charge. You don’t really “un-block” because once the house is removed the blocks are accessible. If it is blocked properly, you shouldn’t be froze in.

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

A charge for unbanking, yes. A charge for unblocking, I never heard of.

Breaking free charge? Only if the runners are frozen in. And everywhere I have been that service would be charged by an hourly rate. Because you don’t know how much work/time that will take to chisel it out enough to break it free.

I have steel runners on my house. If I ever froze my runners in I would call the mobile welder guy and have him hook up welder to them and thaw them right out without beating the crap out of your fish house trying to break it free.

May I ask what resort has these phantom fees?

beardly
    Hastings, Mn

Yes it is typical. The “un” blocking is probably related to chipping out the blocks and the “un” banking is related to removing the banking in front of the house to pull it off it’s spot. Winter fees usually include pull on the lake, driveway plowing, one move and pull off the lake. All other “work” is up to you or pay the resort. If you’re froze in, that’s a completely different set of charges……

gregory
    Red wing,mn

Maybe post a picture of house banked in, and we will debate it?? Never know a guy could of used a pickup to bank it?? 🤷‍♂️😂😂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.