A visit to the SBC to meet “SHO TIME”

• arklite881south

Last weekend Cheryl and I celebrated our anniversary as well as Valentines day visiting “SHO TIME” at the SBC while staying in Eau Claire for the weekend. Special thanks to both Dave and Chad for coming in on Saturday morning to go over my rigging desires. As always Dave your simply a class act. Took us out to lunch and talked fishing!! We are absolutely STOKED on the color scheme on the new guide boat, and our little customized secrets are going to be awesome!! I will say Dave you are a “CAN DO DAVE”. I have never requested anything that you have’t simply said……YES we can do that! LOL!!

As I was rambling on and on about hte boat on our way home the “Fishing Queen” said “Are you going to stick to the 3 year plan now” Silly girls

SBC

silverstreak
    West Union, IA

Where is the full windshield? I kinda liked that when we hit 57 mph! This one will go a little faster (I think)You might need the dental floss for the bugs or worse would be a touch of frost bite

Can’t wait to see a few fish pics from the inside

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

They go faster with no windshields at all…

Purty boat!

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

That is a sick color scheme. Me likey!

arklite881south

Trust me the windshield is coming as that is part of the rigging process that takes place at the SBC. The WX series can either have Double bubbles or a full windshield after being shipped. I run in a lot of cool weather and like the wind protection.

Bob Bowman
    MN

That is a SWEET looking ride

B-A-B

arklite881south

Thanks Bob!! We are sure looking forward to spending a summer in or new office!! BTW BEST OFFICE VIEW IN THE WORLD!!

Bob Bowman
    MN

Quote:

Thanks Bob!! We are sure looking forward to spending a summer in or new office!! BTW BEST OFFICE VIEW IN THE WORLD!!

I’ll drink to that

Enjoy buddy

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Nice looking boat! I cant wait to get mine in. I ordered the 2100 w/ the 300sho as well.

By any chance do you know what prop your boat came with? I talked with Steve S. from skeeter and at first he was thinking a pro series but then talked to him 2 weeks ago and he had just got an email from Texas saying they are still testing!

arklite881south

VERY NICE!! Congratulations!! Not exactly sure what we are going to run yet for the prop. I’ll let you know as soon as I know.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Thanks, yeah I am interested to see what they come up with. I hope they get it figured out soon! All I know is the boat better do 60-62mph. I wanna say my dealer said it was coming with a 15×21 SDS.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Looks awesome Chris ! Dont forget to cinch that visor strap just a touch more this year when you put the new SHO in service!

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Quote:

By any chance do you know what prop your boat came with? I talked with Steve S. from skeeter and at first he was thinking a pro series but then talked to him 2 weeks ago and he had just got an email from Texas saying they are still testing!

The 2100’s we have been getting have came with a 14 3/4 x 23 saltwater or a 14 3/4 x 21 pro series from the factory. We have been changing them to a turbo lighting 14 3/4 x 21. We have also been sending them in and having some cupping done to the blades to increase preformence even more. 62 seemed to be the magic number after everything was said and done.

Jerrod

I’m running a 21P Merc Rev 4 prop on my WX2100, which has a 300 Verado. Top end so far is 63.1 Ran the same prop on my ZX2050 with a 250 HPDI, which produced 60+.

The 4 blade prop gives outstanding rough water performance on these hulls, allows you to stay on plane at much slower speeds. Merc makes adapters to run their props on Yamaha outboards. I would definitely recommend the Rev 4 prop.

dmarkq01
    Eau Claire, WI

Hey Chris, just got back from a week of skiing in Steamboat Springs with the fam. Great to see you and Cheryl a couple weeks ago to catch up and show you your new “SHO Time.” It won’t be too long and the soft water will returneth…

dmarkq01
    Eau Claire, WI

Quote:

I wanna say my dealer said it was coming with a 15×21 SDS.

We’ve been ordering our Yamaha F300’s with prop delete and spec’ing the prop to the individual customer based on their needs.

Chris is going to be running a 19P Rev 4 on his 2100 with Yamaha adapter. He carries very big loads in his guide business. Will sacrifice some top end performance (56-57mph instead of 60) but have awesome “fully loaded” hole shot and mid range cruising bow lift.

arklite881south

Good Morning Dave!!

Hope you had a nice family vacation hitting the slopes!!

As to my prop I usually let te EXPERTS configure the right combination for me concerning the logistics of what I do on a daily basis. I love the steady bow lift a 4 prop gives the 2100 with big loads of customers. It is quite typical for me to run 4 people in the boat and then of course hope to have the back well full of fish!! Beyond that my entire allotment of guide gear is stored up front in the huge storage compartments.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Thanks guys! Eric with that turbo lighting prop before having it modded how did the boat run out? I heard the pro series 14 1/2 x 21 ran 61-62 but they arent sure it will hold up.

That merx rev 4 sounds like a good deal too. Anybody try one on the SHO yet?

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Without any work done to the turbo it is still a fine prop. Holes shot is still good and top end is AROUND 58 to 60.
    The cupping work that gets done helps with a little better hole shot and a few more mph.

And I cant stress enough, every boat and motor reacts different to different props. What works on one boat may not work on the next so nothing is a guarentee per say.

I have not heard of any issues at this point with the pro series. Not that there couldnt be but I havent heard anything.

The merc prop would be worth a try if you can get your hands on one. We havent tested one on a SHO at this point but Im sure someone has, somewhere.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Eric thanks for all the input. My boat will have a t9.9, 4 batts and all the normal gear. I seldom have more then 3 people in the boat. Hole shot is not a huge deal for me but of course I dont want it to be a pig! I am more concerned about making this boat run 60 loaded up and 62-63(if possible) when pretty empty.

What do you thik my best starting point would be? thanks

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

I cant guarentee any speeds for sure but, I would either go with 21p power tech or a 21p turbo lightining with cupping work done.
    That would be what I would try!!!

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Ok, with the powertech I think I see 2 that would work. The RAS3 & PTC3? If I go with the turbo I will have to find a local shop to do some custom work on it. It could be in the twin cities area or northern mn by grand rapids if you know of any.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

It could be in the twin cities area or northern mn by grand rapids if you know of any.

Soderbloom’s in Cromwell is top notch.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

When I’m back at work tomorrow I will have to check on the power tech numbers.
    As far as prop work for the turbo, I would STRONGLY, STRONGLY recomend Mark Croxton. He is out of Shelbyville, IN so you would have to ship it but it is WELL worth it in my opinion!!

kizew
    Dallas, WI

Hi everyone – the Powertech prop we use is the Powertech 15.25x21P RH3B – we ran 5900 RPMS and 61.9 mph with 750 lbs and 100% full of fuel.
    Nettle Prop stocks them 800-517-7707 – right around $550 shipped to your door.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Quote:

Hi everyone – the Powertech prop we use is the Powertech 15.25x21P RH3B – we ran 5900 RPMS and 61.9 mph with 750 lbs and 100% full of fuel.

I dont even see that prop #?! So you had 750lbs + full tank? Thats pretty good numbers loaded up. Would like to hear how it does with one guy and 1/2 tank of fuel. Wonder if it might get close to rev limiter.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

I dont even see that prop #?! So you had 750lbs + full tank? Thats pretty good numbers loaded up. Would like to hear how it does with one guy and 1/2 tank of fuel. Wonder if it might get close to rev limiter.

Adding or subtracting weight has a fairly minimal effect on top speed with the 2100/300 Off-Shore. I’d see 0.5 – 1.0 increase in speed going from a fairly heavy load to one guy with 1/8 tank gas. I did a ride n drive down in LaCrosse with a couple of the guys here on IDO. We had 3 BIG guys plus two kids pushing 1,000# total + a full tank of gas…. and we still hit 59 MPH. The torque on the 300 Off Shore is amazing.

arklite881south

Should actually come with a matching “SHO” helmet.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.