2008 WX2100 transducers thru hull

• brentbullets

I have a 2008 WX2100 and was wondering about the transducers that came mounted in the hull of the boat. Does any one know what freq. they are? thinking about upgrading electronics and was wondering if I needed to buy new transducers also. Looking at Lowrance HDS10 and HDS5 or compareable HB’s. I know that I will need seperate SI transducer. Manuals are in boat and it is put away in storage and not readily available.Thanks.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

In most cases, the transducer cable will have a sticker on it (should be closer to end where it hooks to head unit) and might have lketters such as, but not limited too
    PDRT-WBL, PDT-WSU, PDT-WBL
    There’s quite a few different ones but once you can identify, then you’ll know what ducer it is. If you choose Lowrance, you’ll be able to pick your ducer style from a menu.
    Hope this helps.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

It will depend on what transducer your dealer had glassed in. They have an opition when they order to either order it with lowrance or HB puck in there. Depending on which one they put it there, that will dictacte what the freq is.
    Which ever brand they have glassed in will work with that brand of unit. So I guess the first thing to figure out is which brand they had glassed in.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

A good point that I forgot to mention Eric.
    Yes indeed, the end for the head until will be a big piece of the puzzle.

brentbullets

It came with Lowrance units, so is it safe to assume they are Lowrance then?

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

I would assume they are lowrance than. There was a time frame that they would glass in one of each but im not sure if yours falls into that.
    If you put lowrance back on there you should be good for your 2D stuff with that puck. If you go to birds, you would just need to glass in a second puck for the birds. Not a huge issue at all.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.