Humminbird SI transducer mount on a WX2100

• brentbullets

Thinking about upgrading to HB SI units and was wondering where are you mounting SI transducer on transom and how effective is it at what speeds.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

I dont have any photos on this computer but I do have some on my work computer that I will post tomorrow if Greg doesnt beat me to it.
    In the mean time. The best place that we have found to mount them is just to the right of the center line and just below the ladder that drops down by the motor. That is the clearest view with the least amount of obstructions.
    As far as speeds, the ideal spead is around 3 to 5mph. There are a few guys that can get decent pictures at higher speeds but that 3 to 5mph range seems to be the best.

Feel free to hollar if you have some more questions!!

arklite881south

Hi BB,

Last year was my first year with Humminbird SI (1197C) on my WX2100. I really enjoyed the SI and it taught me a lot. The Skeeter Boat center did a great job in not only the ducer mountings, but in the education process to get me up to speed to use it!! This year I’ll be running the 1198C at Dash. Definately IMO worth getting the unit from those boys and having them do the install. I have 3 of them in my speed dial while I’m out on the lake.

Jerrod

Mine was initially mounted on the transom to the right of the ladder (1st photo). I was getting a little “noise” on the screen, presumably from turbulence related to the step hull. I moved it to the lower step (2nd photo) and it really cleaned up the images.

As for speed, the SI works up to about 8 mph, if you have the Y cable the unit will automatically switch over to the “shoot through” transducer inside the hull, so at least your traditional sonar continues to function.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

I have yet to put that exact one in but, there is a place for them. They only work WELL on certain boats, but they are worth it if you have the right boat.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Here are a few pics.

The first 2 are on a 1900 and the second 2 are on a 2100

Hope this helps!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.