“SHO” TIME!!

• arklite881south

Received one of the best emails a guy can receive as we are in the firm grasp of “Mother Natures” wrath!!-30 forecasted for the weekend had me peering through summer fish pics on my day off today. Dave Marquart sent me a pic of my new guide boat for 2011 loaded up on the truck heading NORTH!! To say I’m a bit excited to saddle up on top of those 300 ponies from Yamaha would be a slight understatement. Beyond that after owning the 2010 WX2100 I realize what a dominate boat this is. I’m going to tweek my rigging just slightly from last years boat.

I would imagine rigging will be taking place in the next couple weeks, and I’m very excited on some customizing we’ll be doing this season.

A huge shout out to the entire Skeeter Boat Center for such great attention to detail with customers. Guys like myself LIVE for that walleye boat and dream of slipping it in the cool spring waters. The one thing in particular I thoroughly respect is the ridiculous detail these boys take in factfinding making sure they dial your boat into your fishing game.

So Ladies and Gents………… let me introduce the newest member of Rainydaze Guide Service…….”SHO” TIME!!

I hope all of you will enjoy your trip in the new ride from Skeeter. I assure you we will likey get another 30 minutes of fishing each day now. Helmets are optional as we slice through the back channels

As we did last year for anyone in this neck of the woods looking for a test drive…..Give me a ring. Evenings are best for my guide schedule. I assure you seeing and riding for YOURSELF……IS BELIEVING.

I remember a couple years ago filming with Holst at the time in his WX1950. I was running a Lund Fisherman Magnum for my guide boat. We were filming a houseboat show with Rainy Lake Houseboats. I had to run my wife into work from the east end that morning and then burn that ole tug boat back to camp to start filming. It was very rough that day, and I took a beating coming back to the Houseboat. As I grabbed my morning coffee cup from the boat ride I saw I had no coffee left, yet didn’t dring any.

James as always was eager to get fishing. I was a a bit less anxious telling him when you turn the corner out of this back channel…….IT IS ROUGH PAL! He had this smirk on his face and we burned around the corner. He then sold me a Skeeter in the next 5 minutes as that boat road the waves like nothing I’ve ever experienced. Old school thoughts from a life of walleye fishing in our family said big bad Tin is what you need in “Manland”. WOW was that a miscalculation. The ridiculous smooth ride of the Glass WX2100 and the unequalled performance pairing of Yamaha made this guy a believer.

I ran my 2010 all year, and was absolutely in love with the boat UNTIL………. Yep Dave Marquart wanted to SHOW me something

Please Dave….Don’t call me if Yamaha brings a 350 lighter than my 300 SHO!! I’m a sucker for a few extra ponies under the cover!!

bassinbear
    Menomonie, WI

Your going to the the SHO. I ran a 200 SHO on my ZX200 last year. Going with the same set up this year. I can’t wait till mine is loaded on the truck and sent to SBC.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

You must not have gotten a picture of after it arrived Hopefully we can get it fixed before any evidence is taken

Look for updated pics on friday when I get back from the boat show!!!! She sure is pretty!!!!!!!!!1

arklite881south

Can’t wait to see it in person Eric!! Take care of my baby!!

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

Is it the red or the grey on?? that grey one makes me drool!!

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

When we hit out of the narrows and crushed those 3footers going 45 leaving a 20ft lund rigged with a 200, piching and diving in the black and white water I was sold!! Now only if the loan officer had been on the ride he would have understood why I NEED one of these boats so bad!!

mule170
    Bemidji

I’ll do my test drive on the 25th of May!

mike-g
    Bloomington,MN

June 6th for me. Congrats again, Chris.

Did you / are you having an aluminum storage “system” mounted underneath one of the consoles?? I recall someone posting on that last season. I was toying around with that idea. Would like to see it first though, b/4 I have the SBC guys put one in. SBC’s keeping my 1850 warm and ready for P4, hopefully soon. Lookin forward to experiencing “SHO” TIME!!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Did you / are you having an aluminum storage “system” mounted underneath one of the consoles?? I recall someone posting on that last season.

If you’re talking about the heavy gauge aluminum shelves installed under the consoles Skeeter Boat Center designed those for the WX boats. I don’t think they would let Chris’ boat out of the dealership without them.

blackbay

Quote:

Is it the red or the grey on?? that grey one makes me drool!!

Yea what color combo did you get.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Chris’ is the red one. The gray one is another customers boat. I will have pictures up of both sometime on friday!!!

Mike, I will take a couple snap shots of the shelves and send them your way when I get back to the shop on Friday!!!

mike-g
    Bloomington,MN

Thanks much, Eric!

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Those shelves fit a 2006 WX 2050?

arklite881south

The aluminum shelving system is a “Must Have” IMO. I utilize this for all of the items I utilize on a daily basis and need at my finger tips. I have a call due to the SBC on many little tweeks here and there that I want to make to further the perfect design for my fishing usage.

My boat is Black and Red. Should standout.

I surely look forward to all of you jumping in “Sho” time, and Ben do you remember the look so on the faces of those guys as we took our Bronco through the big waved “RODEO”.

I believe we were also hollering “IS THAT ALL YOU GOT!!”

LOVE IT!! LOVE IT!!

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Here is a few teaser pics Chris. We just got it into the shop and un covered!!

The colors of this boat in the sun light is AMAZING. But its to cold out there for me to pull it back outside and snap a few pics and bring it back in

We should get a start on rigging it here shortly and will get you a few pics along the way!!

She sure is predddddddddy

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Chris

You need to get tinted glass in those windshields.

Very nice.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Quote:

Those shelves fit a 2006 WX 2050?

Im not positive on that at the moment. I will look into it and will get back to you by monday afternoon with an answer!!

arklite881south

Trust me Holst we’re currently working on the tinted glass windshield as well as a few other custom innovations!! BTW Eric………I LOVE IT and might have to take a drive down to sit in it for a bit!! C-bear “Fishing Queen” and her friends might need to bring the suits down and put on some coconut oil!! This boat screams summer fun on Rainy lake!!

Expect a call soon Eric to confirm some rigging thoughts. I have some clear thoughts on where I want cleats this year as well as stepping “No Slip” add-ons based on my usage for shorelunches….. “Dang it……..I LOVE IT”!! In all honestly Eric when Dave, Cheryl and I sat down I was just hoping that this is how it would look!! Sometimes you dont’ quite know until the final product gets shined up! SUPERIOR!! Again you boys are the masters at pimping out the ultimate walleye boat!! I think that boat needs to fly 2 flags in the back corners of walleye cross bones!!

a-and-t
    By Rochester,MN

That is a ridicolously cool color scheme It is a very neat feature to be able to go on the net and make your boat personalized to you. I would like to get in line for when you put that baby in the water.

arklite881south

Thanks Pal!! Very excited to dip it into Rainy Lake!! Maybe the boys will need to come up late April or very early March for a couple hours of wood cutting. BIG PIKE TIME!!

Coreyhuberty
    Brainerd,MN

Let’s see some new pictures of that hot rod!!

arklite881south

I’m heading down to finalize the rigging instructions in the next few days. Need to put my hands on it!! I assure you when she gets dialed in…..You’ll be sick of looking at the pics of my baby!!

mike-g
    Bloomington,MN

Quote:

I assure you when she gets dialed in…..You’ll be sick of looking at the pics of my baby!!

NEVER!! The more the better!!

I’m interested in seeing pix / hearing your thoughts on the no-skid application that you mentioned. My 1850 spends a fair amount of time in my boat lift, and getting in and out without marring the gunnel is a challenge, not to mention slippery at times.

Even though they don’t fit the 1850, I’d also like to see pix of the under console aluminum shelf(s). The 1850 has a ridiculous amount of space under the console. I’m looking for ways to utilize it better.

arklite881south

Quote:

Quote:

I assure you when she gets dialed in…..You’ll be sick of looking at the pics of my baby!!

NEVER!! The more the better!!

I’m interested in seeing pix / hearing your thoughts on the no-skid application that you mentioned. My 1850 spends a fair amount of time in my boat lift, and getting in and out without marring the gunnel is a challenge, not to mention slippery at times.

Even though they don’t fit the 1850, I’d also like to see pix of the under console aluminum shelf(s). The 1850 has a ridiculous amount of space under the console. I’m looking for ways to utilize it better.

Rigging for me is very important thus a personal trip down to the SBC this weekend. The no slip application is simply another add I wanted on the starboard side of the front bow. I often nose into shorelunch spots and unload clients from the bow. It is much better for customers and the shine on the boat to have customers step on that rather than the fiberglass which will end up getting scratched. The aluminum shelving is a must have in my boat. All of my day to day items I utilize like needle nose, camera, jig box…..right there organized. I am also having them move my cleat tie downs to the absolute widest portion of my WX2100 to ensure I can place bumpers in the exact location that makes dock contact. Whole list of other special rigging ideas I want. I’m sure the SBC boys are like “SUPER?” LOL!! I don’t want to bore anyone, so if anybody wants any suggestions or just talk about the WX series give me a shout. LOVE to talk boats!!

Chris

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Chris,

I have never been in a 2100 with the Yami 250 on it. Did you ever have 3, or even 4, bigger guys in your old boat? If so, how did it perform as far hole shot, cruising speed, and was there enough space to cast? I realize the fishing aspect of it can be made easier with more experienced anglers. But with three kids, two of them always being cast happy(5 and 3), our Lund is getting cramped already.

Thanks,

FDR

arklite881south

Quote:

Chris,

I have never been in a 2100 with the Yami 250 on it. Did you ever have 3, or even 4, bigger guys in your old boat? If so, how did it perform as far hole shot, cruising speed, and was there enough space to cast? I realize the fishing aspect of it can be made easier with more experienced anglers. But with three kids, two of them always being cast happy(5 and 3), our Lund is getting cramped already.

Thanks,

FDR

Hey Pal

I really loved my 2010 WX2100. Of course it was powered by the F250 4stroke. Most of the time I ran 3-4 people in the boat and sometimes 5 even 6 people including myself. If I were running 3-4 people the F250 is a great motor for that Big glass boat. I simply felt that the 300 SHO motor allowed me a bit of an edge on hole shot and of course top end. The SHO motor really has a lot of Pop, and for guys like myself that really load a boat down on a daily basis it seems like a great fit.

In regards to that WX2100 for your family……..PERFECT. I assure you there will never be a day you wished you were still running your Lund. My Lund Fisherman Magnum was purchased because at the time I felt it was the biggest and baddest boat handling big waters. I was sadly mistaken. The Deep hulled Glass from Skeeter in the WX series delivers a dominating ride, and much more fishable space. The storage is unmatched, so you aren’t kicking stuff around that you can’t find a spot for in your current boat. The front bow is very spacious, and when we work shallows early in the season I have 2 people up front in the bow with no issues. Then another on the back bike seat by the motor, and one fisherman in the well (Cockpit) 4 guys casting easy. Jigging?……LINE EM UP!! Lots of space!! I’d highly encourage talking with Dave at the SBC though. Don’t take my word for it. With the WX series……DRIVING is believing.

In answering your questions directly. Top end for me was about 53 MPH. Hole shot was very good with 3-4 people. Fishable space…..TONS. I might suggest looking at the 250 SHO also

Jerrod

I’d like to see some photo’s of those shelves. Always looking for winter projects.

Really nice color combo on your new boat.

arklite881south

Hi Jerrod,

Our new guide boat was just being marked up for the rigging, so it was stock from Skeeter upon my arrival. We snapped some pics here and there of course. The shelves were not installed yet, but I’ll see if I have pics from last years WX2100.

We are VERY happy with the color scheme.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.