Bow mount depth finder

• gbsoren
    MN, USA

I am thinking of moving the factory installed Humminbird 728 to the front bow panel on my 2000T. First question is, does that panel that is there just pop out? Next, is the boat pre-wired from the factory to connect it there? I have an HDS10 in the back of the boat anyway and even though I pretty much never fish out of the front of the boat I think it would be nice to not have to constantly answer the question “how deep are we?”!

dslars

You have to unscrew the front bow panel. Then you will have to cut the vinyl trim where the depth finder sits. There is a wire that is powered from the rear power switch that you can power it with. It sounds a lot harder that it is. Should take maybe 15 minutes. Dan Larson

gbsoren
    MN, USA

Thanks Dan. How about the transducer cable, is that wired to the bow as well? I would assume I would need the dash mount kit for it as well.

dslars

I bet there wont will be a transducer run to the front of the boat. usually the front graph is hooked to the bowmount trolling motor. If you want to use the transducer that is in the back of the boat it is pretty easy to run it up to the bow. You will get interferance when using both of those graphs at the same time however. If I had a Hds and no bow mount trolling motor, I would purchase another hds 5 and network them together so you can have both on at the same time and use only one transducer. I didn’t use a mounting kit, I went to the hardware store and bought some l brackets and made my own? Are you the guy wanting some prop info? If so pm me and I will give you some info on setup! I have owned two WX2000t so far, one with a 115 and one with a 150hp. Great Boats! Dan Larson

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.