Skeeter 2050 vs. Ranger 620

• dog2th
    Omaha, NE

I am considering upgrading boats from my Lund Fisherman to a glass boat. It seems to me that all of the indicators point to Ranger and Skeeter as my two best bets in a 20 ft outfit. I’ve seen the Rangers at the boat ramp and am impressed with everything about them, I’ve seen Skeeters too, but only from a distance. So I’m asking for your opinions – and yes I realize this IS a Skeeter forum, but I know that all IDO’ers give honest impressions and I appreciate that.

So I am looking for a 619/620 Ranger vs. Skeeter 2050.

I have a walk-thru now and like it alot. I have a 4 stroke now and LOVE it. Other than that, which boat would best fit walleye fishing and occasional tube-pulling? I am not fishing tournaments, just want a great dry ride that will last a long time.

Thanks for your input.

perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

my opinion (without owning either), is they are both very comparable, but you tend to get more for your money with a skeeter. Ranger’s prices seem too inflated.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

My 2 cents….I would really encourage you to drive both,and ideally in rough water.Everyone has different preferences for layout and storage.I do believe Skeeter has the edge on rough water and the “dry” factor.Some folks really like the rear storage boxes in the rear of the ranger,and many of the die hard trollers prefer the open factor of the Skeeter. Both are quality products and ultimately,it is worth your investment of your time to evaluate & demo each.Doing so, will make your $ investment much easier not only on the day you buy it,but for the years of ownership following the purchase!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

You’ll definitely want to drive them both to see which best suits your needs as suggested by the others. As an FYI the 2050 is no longer made assuming, of course, that you’re looking at new boats. It has been replaced by the 2100.

Castaway
    Otsego,MN

After owning and selling a 2050 Skeeter if I were to buy another glass boat I would buy a Ranger over a Skeeter.A Ranger may cost more but it is a better built boat IMO.Skeeter has higher sides but draws a lot of wind and doesnt track as well in the water.If your looking at 2050s you are looking at used boats and if you look around there are some good deals out there on 620s if you take your time and look around.In the long run the extra $$$ is worth it IMO.

kerk
    Maplewood, MN

I would not limit yourself to those options only.
    You might to also check out the Ranger Reata 2050 as well.
    It will handle big water and still give you the ability to fish all different aspects of water. This boat is more forgiving on the pocket book then the two very nice models that you are inquiring about.

I personally own a 620vs Ranger and would be more than happy to give you a test ride in either Ranger model.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.