1790T

• Angler II

If you have one…What do you think of it? I’m looking at purchasing a new boat after I buy a house in a few weeks and am seriously considering this as my new rig. how does the 75 Yammi push it? is there enough storage/dry ride/etc? Thanks!

jhalfen

I have fished from one several times. It is a great, open platform that fishes up to 3 anglers very well. The Yammie F75 pushes the boat in the low-mid 30s with 3 anglers and a full tank of gas, and trolls down nicely with the VTS feature. Trailers beautifully too!

Skeeter Boat Center has several 1790T’s on hand, and you can get into one of these new boats for a surprisingly low investment.

A great way to check out the boat is to take one for a test drive! Drop me a PM to find out how.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

This was my first boat, my dad also runs the 1790T. Great fishing machine. Lots of storage up front, cent rod storage is huge as well….Its a glass boat so its very smooth in the water and handles rough water well. The 75 yammie with the VTS is a sweet motor. Like mentioned before it trolls down if your a troller yet has the top end speed to move along nicely fully loaded. I think I usually ran about 33 gps mph fully loaded. Its a great boat for fishing. I recommend putting a vantage on the back for your trolling motor…

Congrats on the new house and boat..

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

I think it would be tough to find a better overall value tin or glass than that boat.Boat control and tracking is Good luck in whatever ride you chose!

4 BUCK
    South Dakota

I have had one since 05 and I really like it for the same reasons as above. Handles the rough stuff as well as a 18 does. I did hear they are not making this boat anymore?

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

Quote:

I have had one since 05 and I really like it for the same reasons as above. Handles the rough stuff as well as a 18 does. I did hear they are not making this boat anymore?

Not making it anymore?

Any way to verify this?

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

This will be my 6th year in a 1790T and I’ve ran it in all kinds of conditions.

Great hull. Good ride and it is a drier boat.

It tracks well when trolling and drifting and with the VTS 75 Yamaha it should troll slower than my pre VTS F75.

It does have a good deal of storage for a 17 1/2 foot boat. Center rod storage will fit up to a 6.6 – 6.8 foot rod. The side ones 8 ft.

I would suggest using rod socks to prevent tangles.

A few things I don’t like:

No dry storage. Things will get wet when it rains or if you take in water running in a strong crosswind.

The electronics box is small and to far back. It is useful for storing smaller items – maps, pliers…

Overall it’s been a good boat though. I think we all can pick our boats apart with what we don’t like.

If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a private message.

4 BUCK
    South Dakota

I read that over on “Central”, don’t know if it is true?

4 BUCK
    South Dakota

The Skeeter website shows it as a 09, so something is up?

dmarkq01
    Eau Claire, WI

Hey everyone, nothing is up with 1790T. Simply a typo. I have 2010 1790T’s in stock at my Skeeter dealership and on the way. I was just down at the Skeeter factory last week and talking with Skeeter President Jeff Stone. I am planning to order my 2011 1790T’s in June. It’s a very affordable fishing boat and a tremendous value for the money! Great for fishing the river or Milles Lacs…

4 BUCK
    South Dakota

That is good news, they are a great boat. Thanks for the honest info.

4 BUCK
    South Dakota

The 1790 doesn’t show up in the new 2010 guide either?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.