Yamaha “Hot Sheet” for the NEW SHO Lineup

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I cannot wait to test drive one of these SHO Yammies on the back of a Skeeter! The performance data in the hot sheet on these motors is simply astonishing and if the 25″ motors for the walleye boats run as well and as strong as the 20″ motors we’re looking at a revolution in outboards.

Lighter than a 2 stroke? Faster than a 2 stroke? An improvement over Yamaha’s already impressive fuel economy? Who saw this coming? Not me. But I’m awful glad to see it.

The guys at Skeeter Boat Center have their fingers on this pulse. If anyone has any questions, ask them here and I’m sure the SBC guys will jump in with answers or give them a call at 715-833-2662. It’s never too early to start talking about a new Skeeter for spring and these new Yamaha motors give us all something extra to chew on over the winter. Spring comes… fast.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Here’s some screen captures from the Hot Sheet. There’s endless technical data and information on features when you have time for a complete read-through:

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

I wonder how they cut all those pounds? Very impressive!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I wonder how they cut all those pounds? Very impressive!

Sounds like it was a combination of things… sleeveless cylinder bores, use of composite materials where appropriate and a commitment to redesigning all components with an emphasis on weight. Talking with the guys at Skeeter Boat Center is was a “few pounds here, a few pounds there” solution that in the end added up and resulted in some impressive results.

pool13_jeff
    NW, IL

I stopped at Bob’s Marine in Dekalb today and talked to Chuck about the new motors. He said his rep told him, and he has documentation, that there will be a 70hp model right away as well. He said the weight will be less than the current 2-stroke. Okay, my 75hp carburated 4-stroke weighs 369 pounds. A current 70hp 2-stroke weighs 228 pounds. So these new 70hp motors will weigh less than that! Chuck is really excited about these new motors.

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Wow! I still can’t believe the weight loss.

cdn
    West Central, MN

It certainly is amazing. If I ever “need” a new boat I would have to seriously consider this motor….

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.