Rear storage compartments holding water

• martyb

I have a 2012 MX1825 and I am seeing water in my rear side storage compartments (not sure if the water is slopping out of the livewell or from washing the boat dowm). Where can I drill holes to allow them to drain into the bilge?

Also does anyone have a solution to the livewell dumping water all over when it sloshes?

I have had my Skeeter for almost a year, and the fact that the rear of my boat is always wet from the livewell sloshing is the only thing I dislike so far…..

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

I solved a similar issue in my last boat my cutting down the length of the overflow tube.
    A little at a time as you probably don’t have a tube lengthener.

Jeff Matura
    Sumner, IA

X2 cutting down overflow tube. I would be carefull drilling holes as you don’t expose wood to the elements. Not sure if a skeeter floor is fiberglass over wood or not….

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Not sure if a skeeter floor is fiberglass over wood or not….

Wood?

No wood.

Fiberglass composites, urethane structural foams, pvc sheet material are used in the construction of all Skeeter boats.

Jeff Matura
    Sumner, IA

I am just trying to help….

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Quote:

I am just trying to help….

I agree, cut the tube and try that first. I cringe every time I think about somebody drilling a whole in a new boat.

hunter1723

Should we all know how a skeeter boat was built? I didn’t know that either, get out the wet noodle!

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Should we all know how a skeeter boat was built? I didn’t know that either, get out the wet noodle!

I thought wood was logiacally banned in boat builds. Does anybody use wood anymore?

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

2 things should be done, after checking the over flow drains. If the drain lines dont have a big dip or loop in them they are fine.

Both issues you mentioned have been taken care of from the factory in the newer boats. You can fix it yourself or we would be more than happy to take care of it.

You can drill a 3/4″ hole in each compartment as we did with many and it is now done at the factory. Right where the livewell ends towards the back of the boat you can see a thin strip of fiberglass. If you follow that straight down you can drill it there. I dont have a picture of one with me but will hopefully get one up soon.

For the livewell splashing over, they have also fixed that from the factory by adding extra foam to the lid and sealing it to the livewell. You can add a stick on door seal type foam to the top of the livewell which will seal the livewell to the lid and not let it splash over.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

There sre a couple modifications since the first year mx profuction
    Additional lid gasket and drain holes added. Give Eric a note if you want a hand.

[email protected]

martyb

Thanks for the quick responses and to the guys at SBC for the input.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

There sre a couple

Quote:

year mx profuction

Typing while fishing don’t mix Dean unless you’re a catfisherman, hope the fishing is better than the typing

swlund
    Cuba City, WI

Quote:

There sre a couple modifications since the first year mx profuction
    Additional lid gasket and drain holes added. Give Eric a note if you want a hand.
    profuction?????

[email protected]

Zach H

I read this thread and thought I should check it out on my boat I just got from SBC. I looked and it appears that they already fixed the problem. I figured I would take a picture of the hole location and post it for others to see. Looks like a pretty easy fix. Simply drill a hole thru a small layer of fiberglass which will open it up to drain into your bilge.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.