My new MX 2025… I’m giddy!

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

This photo is about 3 years in the making. It started with a simple design concept shared with Dave Markquart and Dean Marshall and was first put on the water in the form of the MX 1825. What you see here is the big brother to the very popular MX 1825…. meet the longer, faster and more spacious MX 2025!

The guys at Skeeter Boat Center put this boat together in record time and it turned out better than I could have hoped. I just can’t say enough about these guys. This is their crazy busy time of the year yet they treated my rig like it was their first boat rigging project of the season. Everything is “spot on” and exactly as I had hoped.

I’m still breaking in the motor(s) so I won’t have much for performance data for a week or two yet. I will tell you this… the 300 Off Shore is brutally fast. I had one guy in the boat this week tell me the acceleration is as close to a ride on a hopped up snowmobile as he’s ever felt in a boat. This boat goes from sitting still to 50 MPH faster than any boat I’ve ever been in. During the one and only short WOT run I’ve made we hit 60 MPH with 3 guys, full tank of fuel and a heavy load.

More to come as I get more time on it!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

And a side view…

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

And yes, it did come with a healthy supply of good luck installed by the factory. Joel Nelson and I made it out on Pepin yesterday. It was a GOOD day… the fish be snappin! Rapala’s #5 Shad Rap in Craw was the hot bait.

Here’s Joel with the biggest of the day for our boat.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Awesome boat, Awesome fish – Great Job, Guys.

Heck those pic’s even make me giddy! It sure is perrdy.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Look’n good guys !!!
    Look’n real good !!!

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

Very Nice

60hp in a boat that size is quite impressive

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Quote:

Quote:

Very Nice

60hp in a boat that size is quite impressive

and that’s just in the trolling motor!
    You ought to see what he got for the kicker.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Way to go J & J. Keep up the good work.

mar-80
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Very nice!!

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

Im gonna go ahead and ask what everyones thinking, whats this baby gonna do pocketbook wise?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Im gonna go ahead and ask what everyones thinking, whats this baby gonna do pocketbook wise?

An MX 2025 starts around $45k with a 200 HPDI (boat, motor, trailer, bow electric, batteries and charger) and goes up from there as you increase HP and add options.

whittsend

How much garage length will I need when I bring one home? (Including motor tilted up on a transom saver and hinged trailer extended at full towing length….)

whittsend

Another question… How do these bigger glass/bunk trailer boats launch on “smaller” ramps? For frame of reference, I now run an 18’aluminum Lund Explorer / 140 Suzuki / roller trailer. I assume there won’t be too much difference in ability to launch/load vs what I have now. (??) Can I assume that if I can get my boat in now, I should be able to get a 20′ MX in (and out) as well? Do these boats have to be power loaded preferably, or can they be winched (at least partway) onto the trailer??? A few lakes that I fish have “no powerloading” notices at the launch… I do fish alone occasionally – any concerns about getting this in/out by myself?

Forgive my ignorance, I’ve never owned or even looked into a glass boat/bunk trailer…. But I’m heavily considering it for the future…

Thanks!

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Another question… How do these bigger glass/bunk trailer boats launch on “smaller” ramps? For frame of reference, I now run an 18’aluminum Lund Explorer / 140 Suzuki / roller trailer. I assume there won’t be too much difference in ability to launch/load vs what I have now. (??) Can I assume that if I can get my boat in now, I should be able to get a 20′ MX in (and out) as well? Do these boats have to be power loaded preferably, or can they be winched (at least partway) onto the trailer??? A few lakes that I fish have “no powerloading” notices at the launch… I do fish alone occasionally – any concerns about getting this in/out by myself?

Forgive my ignorance, I’ve never owned or even looked into a glass boat/bunk trailer…. But I’m heavily considering it for the future…

Thanks!

Not sure if 20′ makes a difference. However going from a 19′ tin boat with rollers to a 19′ glass boat with bunks was a very positive experience.

As for power loading, WI stinks with all those signs saying “NO”. I have heard of guys using a dual gear winch making winching effortless. A little silicon on the bunks and you should be good to go.

whittsend

BUMP…

Quote:

How much garage length will I need when I bring one home? (Including motor tilted up on a transom saver and hinged trailer extended at full towing length….)

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

BUMP…

Quote:

Ooops. Sorry I missed this. I’ll put a tape on it tomorrow night when I get in off the water.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Quote:

BUMP…

Quote:

Ready to trailer, motor up, tounge out it is just under 27′ You could get it to 25′ with motor down and tounge folded.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

BUMP…

Quote:

Ready to trailer, motor up, tounge out it is just under 27′ You could get it to 25′ with motor down and tounge folded.

Thank Eric.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.