Switch problem

• crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Hi SBC Gang,
    I have a 2007 WX1880. Tonight while going over the final opener checklist, I found that when I turned my master power switch on, two of the switches on my dash didn’t light up. The switches are on the left side of the steering wheel and are for the running lights and interior courtesy lights. I’m guessing since there is no fuse panel that each of these switches have an internal fuse. Is that right? Can I just replace the switch? Anything else I should be looking for? The last time the boat was run was on a full moon trolling trip last fall and both switches were operational. Could they have blown when I hooked the battery back up?
    Any help would be great!

Thanks,
    Mike

gregory
    Red wing,mn

i would guess there would be breaker style fuse hooked to them and just need to be reset,look around there should be a panel somewhere close to the switches, i would start there, and they are not tripped check for voltage before replacing them.

BBKK
    IA

No fuse panel? that seems odd.

Do the switches actually work and it is the light just not working? If the switches do not work then it is probably a blown fuse. If they work and it is just the light, check the ground as each of those switches are ground to your dash ground in order to light up.

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

No, the switches don’t light up and the interior and running lights don’t work. I can’t find any fuse box, reset buttons, or relays. There is a small box on the back side of the switch. I’m guessing those are bad but I’m unsure why. As stated above, the last time I used the boat everything worked.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

I belive on my old 1880 there was a fuse panel under the console on the side of the boat. It is tucked way up in there and can be hard to see or find. There should be a fuse for both of those within that fuse panel and it should be labeled.

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Eric,
    Thanks. I crawled under the dash with a headlamp and found it. Who knew!! I’m in the beginning of my 7th season with theboat and never knew it was there. All fixed.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Good to know!! Glad you got it fixed!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.