looking at the wx2100…

• Derrick Cox
    MN, Eagan

Hey guys, I’m looking at getting some feedback on the WX2100. I’m looking at getting a new boat this year and have been think about getting a glass boat for sometime now. I really want a boat 19-21 ft, what is your guys experience with this boat? i mainly fish mille lacs, gonna start heading to lotw more this year. any help will be appreciated

Derrick

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Derrick, go to the Rainy Lake forum and send Chris Granrud a PM. He has had a 2100 up on Rainy for the last 2 years so it’s similar water size that you are looking at. He can fill you in on the pros and con’s. I fished with him last year and it’s a pretty nice rig, although I wouldn’t buy one (it doesn’t suit my style of fishing)but I know he really likes his.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Check in with Brad Juaire. He runs the big one and may also give you a ride on Mille Lacs.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Lets just say you wont be disappointed! I ran the 2100 the last 2 years and 95% of the hours were on Winnie, Mille Lacs and LOTW. I have been out in some nasty stuff and there wasn’t a crack in the boat. Snap out carpet, tons of storage, wide open cockpit area, deep interior, can fish 2 people out of the bow….etc. The only real down fall I had with the boat was the size of the glove box.

I sold mine and purchased a 2190 this year but if they would of still had the 2100 I would of had problems purchasing another. If you have any other questions I will be happy to answer them for you

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Just a side note here, If you are looking for a new 2100 you will be looking for a carry over ’12. They have since stopped making the 2100 and replaced it with the 2190 in ’13. With that said I know we have a couple ’12 2100 and a used 2100 for sale.

Just a fyi

Any questions feel free to hollar

skeeter11

Derrick. I own a WX 2100 with the 300 Yamaha four stroke. Let me tell ya. This boat is incredible. I fish Lake Sakakawea almost 75 % of the time and the Missouri River in the spring. This is my second Skeeter. I had an 1880 before but for a family of 4 it was just too tight. Now the 2100 we have all the space and comfort we need. On top of it I guide so I have had 5 people into boat on a guided trip. So space is awesome. It’s a big water boat that handles excellent. Trust me you won’t be disappointed. On the river I can idle over .8 ftow. So the draft is incredible as well. I wish you luck. Awesome boats!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.