Skeeter trailer question

• Kdawg1966

I’ve never owned a trailer with oil filled hubs until I bought my ’10 Skeeter. As I recall, it states somewhere that there’s a 10 year warranty/guarantee against failure/leaks? Do guys really go a long time without servicing these hubs? If not, at what intervals should it be done? I haven’t been able to use my boat much the last couple years, so they have not been dunked in the water or trailered a ton but would like to become educated from someone “in the know”. Thanks.

mike-g
    Bloomington,MN

Not claiming to be “in the know”, but I remember when I got mine I was told “if you don’t notice anything leaking, don’t worry about em.” Every once in a while I’ll check inside hub and out…..and I forget about it. Love em.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

As long as you have the Vault Hub system which you should on that trailer, they are mantience free unless something fails.
    They are a sealed pressurized system so you should have nothing to worry about unless a seal breaks and in which case you will notice grease/oil on the rim. Other than that you should be good to go!!

Kdawg1966

Great. Thanks for all the reply’s guys. I can rest a little easier now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.