18 foot skeeter tiller

• run&gun
    MN

Is there a new model in the works…that you know of? I like the 20 footer but I would prefer a 18 with a 115hp. The layout on the 20 is perfect and could easily be done on a 18.
    I have a 17 skeeter now and have been thinking of upgrading. I see ranger has a 17/18/20 tillers now.

muskeye
    Duluth, Mn

I sure hope so. If they do, I’ll be the first in line. They absolutely need to improve the back end of the boat though. It needs a rear casting deck like the Warrior tillers have.

crosby-stick
    Crosby MN

Yes there is … and we are waiting!!!!

eyesfishin
    Somerset, WI

CrosbyStick any word on if it really will have a 115. I’m in the market for a new boat and would wait if I thought someone besides warrior would have a 18 footer with a 115.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

There will be a 18 footer coming. The exact date of when it will arrive and exact details are yet to be released also.

I dont think it is to far off though!!

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Quote:

What will be the base price

None of that info has been released yet. I dont forsee any of that info be set in stone and released until the first one is made and has been tested. And I dont know when that will be

run&gun
    MN

Quote:

There will be a 18 footer coming. The exact date of when it will arrive and exact details are yet to be released also.

I dont think it is to far off though!!

By spring 2013? Hopefully they have the same layout as the 20 footer.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

it was posted on here awhile back that the MX1825 was going to be released as a tiller, as the hull was designed with this in mind. maybe the MX2025 later this year and tiller models to follow next year?

i’d be very surprised to see an 1825 tiller rated higher than 90hp, since the Coast Guard rating formula is what it is. the only way around this (on a boat under 20′ long) is to use tiller power steering and for the manufacturer to consider that “remote” steering – a risk none of them have been willing to take so far with the exception of Warrior.

imho, power steering should be considered in the remote steering rating class. a 10-year-old can safely control the 150hp on my WX2000T with the power steering and it’s actually more maneuverable than a wheel boat.

danno
    Central MN

I hope it isn’t as wide as the MX1825.

muskeye
    Duluth, Mn

It’s been a while since the last update, any new news on the tiller?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

It’s been a while since the last update, any new news on the tiller?

Nothing new that I’ve heard. I think it safe to say there won’t be a new tiller for the 2013 model year.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

I think for 2014 you will see another tiller model and a 20′ WX with the 2190 hull design

steve_iverson

I remember going down this road a couple years ago waiting for a new 18 foot tiller. We still don’t have a 18ft tiller and now we no longer have a 17ft tiller. My 1790 will soon be do for an update and a WX2000T is too big for this old fart, and my garage. Not getting my hope up again .

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Quote:

I remember going down this road a couple years ago waiting for a new 18 foot tiller. We still don’t have a 18ft tiller and now we no longer have a 17ft tiller. My 1790 will soon be do for an update and a WX2000T is too big for this old fart, and my garage. Not getting my hope up again .

Can you actually wear out a 1790 ? j/k
    Be patient ….

steve_iverson

Dean,
    I never said that the 1790 is wore out. In fact after 10 years some people see it and think it brand new. No, what I said was I was soon do for an update. To me boats are kind of like fishing with minnows, after awhile even though it still may be good, you kind of feel like you need a new one. You see for me , there is only one thing that I agreed to keep until “death do us part”. See you at the sports show. Big Iver

steve_iverson

Forgot to mention that if my wife is reading this: “Honey, I’m sure the next boat I get will be the last one I ever need, honest”.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Quote:

Forgot to mention that if my wife is reading this: “Honey, I’m sure the next boat I get will be the last one I ever need, honest”.

Don’t you already have a half dozen boats?

I think you should pick up a 2000T.

steve_iverson

Bigfife, I would look good in a wx2000t. Did you have a particular one in mind? Your right, if you count the Grumman Sportboat and the Lund Ducker I did have seven. But I sold the pontoon and have the Pro V for sale so may be down to 5 soon, unless you count the Wave Runner I picked up last fall. My insurance agent doesn’t think I have too many! Bigiver

Dean Marshall

Quote:

muskeye
    Duluth, Mn

Anything for next year? It’s time for an upgrade!

Dean Marshall

Quote:

Anything for next year? It’s time for an upgrade!

Dealer meeting in August. 2 new models being launched for 2014 and not expecting the tiller then. I can say that there is active discussions !
    For now our wx2000t/ 115 is a known option.

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Any hints as to what the 2 new models will be Dean?

Dean Marshall

Quote:

Any hints as to what the 2 new models will be Dean?

2 new wx hulls smaller than the wx2190 !

Walleye13

Are they making any changes to the 2190?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Are they making any changes to the 2190?

No, but there will be two new boats based on the 2190 design that are shorter than the 2190. With the 2190 selling like hotcakes I don’t think they’ll be making any significant changes to it for a couple years.

danno
    Central MN

Quote:

2 new models being launched for 2014 and not expecting the tiller then.

If that’s the way it pans out then I have to wonder who’s making decisions at that company.

It appears they don’t care to offer a viable tiller option in the 17-18′ class so I guess I’ll be taking my business elsewhere next year.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Quote:

Quote:

2 new models being launched for 2014 and not expecting the tiller then.

If that’s the way it pans out then I have to wonder who’s making decisions at that company.

It appears they don’t care to offer a viable tiller option in the 17-18′ class so I guess I’ll be taking my business elsewhere next year.

You can’t make all the people happy all the time.

hop307
    Northern Todd County

Quote:

I am not in the know, but with Warrior back up and running maybe have something to do with it. A 20ft tiller from Skeeter max HP at 115 compared to Warrior at 250hp. And the 17ft models are at 75hp for Skeeter and 90hp for Warrior. With people wanting to get to their spots the fastest which boat would you want.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Once the patents expire and the non-compete expires I’m sure you will see more power steering units then Mercury’s.

gwood
    Murica

Quote:

Quote:

I am not in the know, but with Warrior back up and running maybe have something to do with it. A 20ft tiller from Skeeter max HP at 115 compared to Warrior at 250hp. And the 17ft models are at 75hp for Skeeter and 90hp for Warrior. With people wanting to get to their spots the fastest which boat would you want.

The one with the better hull design, cause your speed is mostly determined by the hull, not the number on the back of the cowling.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.