WX w/ Offshore

• skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Man you would think that somebody would have a video of these boats on youtube by now! I wouldnt even care if I seen it on a ranger

SBC maybe next time you guys take someone out for a ride you could bring the camera along!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Man you would think that somebody would have a video of these boats on youtube by now! I wouldnt even care if I seen it on a ranger

SBC maybe next time you guys take someone out for a ride you could bring the camera along!

Not saying someone won’t beat me to the punch but I’ll be doing just that in 2 weeks when my 2100 w/300 Off Shore is ready to roll.

john_steinhauer
    p4

Quote:

when my 2100 w/300 Off Shore is ready to roll.

What is top speed on them? They gotta haul the mail!!!!!

mrwalleye
    MN

they say 62 from the factory

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Quote:

Not saying someone won’t beat me to the punch but I’ll be doing just that in 2 weeks when my 2100 w/300 Off Shore is ready to roll.

does this mean that the roll out of the MX is a bit behind?

FDR

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Quote:

they say 62 from the factory

From the factory I think 57-59mph is more like it. With the right prop and some custom work one could get 62.

I just took out my old 2050 w/ 300hpdi last night with my buddy who bought it and on Big Lake(small lol) we were able to hit 62. Man I hope I can get the new one to hit that cause its fun

Jerrod

I’m running a 300 Verado on the WX2100. Propped with a 21p Rev 4, best I have seen was 62.1, usually more like 61 ish. Numbers are GPS with boat fully loaded (5 batteries, full of fuel, all gear) and one person.

I haven’t seen any performance numbers on the WX2100 with the 300 Offshore, but based on comparisons of 300 Verado vs 300 Offshore on the Ranger 621, it seems the Verado is just a touch faster on top end. Based on that, I don’t think 62 is realistic with a 4 blade prop, but I would think it should be with a 3 blade. Looking forward to hear what you guys with the Offshore’s are getting for performance.

arklite881south

On my initial run we had ROUGH water. I was able to hit 59 with a 19 Pitch 4 blade Rev with 3 guys in the boat. I’ve got the boat pretty loaded up also running 5 batteries. I had quite a bit of trim left to play with, but frankly the conditions didn’t warrant any more bow lift. Will have “Sho Time” tested in some nicer conditions shortly. My thinking was 59MPH with a 4 blade, and 62 with a 3 blade initially. BTW that is a LOT OF GLASS HAULING ***!!

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Them are some good numbers with that set up Chris! I am going to run my boat for a week or so, check the rpm’s and where the boat rides in the water. Then I plan on having some cupping work done. Granted it a lot bigger boat then the 2050, I will never hear the end of it if my buddy beats me with my old boat I will just tell him lets race in some rough water

arklite881south

LOL!!

In all honesty “TOP END” wasn’t ever in my thought process when picking outeither my boat and motor. Frankly a fraction of a MPH is kind of a mute point in relation to ride IMO. Truth of the matter is my hole shot and mid-range performance is the “Meat and Taters” of what I truly demand on a day to day basis. If I was soley looking to blast top end I would definately not be running my current 4 blade 19 pitch Rev. Still it is fun to see what these big “Off Shores” can do!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.