Minn Kota Vantage on a WX1790

• oldpal

First let me say I’m new to IDO as a member but have been reading the forms for some time. I have a new WX1790T on order with a build date of 4/26. I plan on using a Vantage 80-lb on the transom so I ordered the rear trolling motor panel option. Now I see by the description it’s a 2-wire system. My question is do I need to change to a different type plug as the Vantage requires 3-wires. And if so what should I use? I don’t like to think I paid $125 for 8FT of wire.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Welcome to IDO and the Skeeter team!!!

You are fine with what you ordered. You will only need to run the 3rd wire to your front batteries for the 12volts that the deploy requires. What you ordered includes the 2 wires ran, the plug in and mounting plate.

After re-reading your post, the plug that comes with that package is a three wire plug but only has 2 wires ran. You will just need to run a 3rd wire which would be for deploy and retract as that cannot run off 24 volts has to run off of 12.

oldpal

Thanks Eric, that works for me. Do you know if the trolling motor end is also included? I’m just trying to get as much in line as possible before the boat arrives.

igotone

B a nice rig

Welcome 2 IDO

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

When ordering a Vantage from a dealer or anywhere, they will not come with the plug in for the trolling motor. That will be an extra that you need to buy.

oldpal

Thanks for the input. Know it’s just a waiting game as to when the boat arrives.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.