Simple Garmin XL Bag Cover Mod

• JoeMX1825
    MN

This simple mod allows you to quickly & easily flip & secure the cover enough to where it will cover/protect the Livescope electronics inside (if it’s raining/snowing) it also won’t flip back over onto the screen from the wind! An added bonus is you don’t have to worry about rolling up the screen cover and using the silly clips anymore!

Parts needed:

1) 4″ strip of Velcro
    2) 1″ strip of opposite side Velcro (so it attaches to the 4″ strip)
    3) Good fabric glue (I used Aleena’s Super Fabric Adhesive) I chose this brand because it dries clear and it’s meant for fabric.

Steps:
    1) Glue the 4″ velcro piece over itself and around the rear plastic clip holder leaving a small gap so it moves round the plastic piece freely, make sure the velcro area is on the outside.
    2) Glue the small 1″ velcro piece the middle bottom section of the front case screen cover fabric.

Once dried, you simply flip the cover fabric so the velcro pieces attach to each other, all set! You can now cut out that annoying clip and stretch cord piece back near the battery area that always seems to get snagged on the transducer cord!

Attachments:
    1. case-clip-1-1.jpg

2. case-clip-2.jpg

3. case-clip-3.jpg

4. case-clip-4.jpg

5. case-clip-1.jpg

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

waytogo

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.