Simms Challenger Insulated Suit

• thaddeus
    St. Cloud, MN

Anyone trying these this year? Seems like it would make a great early spring, late fall and winter suit – even has built-in reinforced removable knee pads. Maybe a lighter, more versatile option than your tradition ice suits? But also concerned about durability…Getting a new suit sometime this year and I’m now torn between these and the Striker Predator…

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Intriguing, I think they would be more versatile. As durability being Sims I don’t think be any problems. One could layer up with these.
    I wear game hide rain bibs and layer up and it works well for me. So I think the Simms be that much better.
    Nothing against the Striker but personally I think Simms would be a better fit for me. I’m not to worried about falling through the ice so paying for a feature I don’t think I need is wasteful.

dbv2

That looks really nice. I wonder how warm it would be though? Love Simms stuff.

Alagnak Pete
    Lakeville

I’ve had the uninsulated version for a few years now with some hard use- I would NOT be worried about it holding up I know that. On a side note I also have an insulated Bulkley jacket only worn on a couple trips/basically new I’m going to throw up on CL soon if anyone is looking for a good deal. 2xl

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.