Side rod storage on wx1910

• Smellson

Anybody have a solution for the mess of fuel lines and vents that interfere with using the side rod storage on the 1910? Seems like it’s always a maze trying to weave rod tips past the rubber hoses up towards the front. Anybody have any solutions? I’ve already tried zip tying the lines together to keep the one line off of the hull, but only had mediocre success.

Catfish_Nuggets
    NULL

Agreed…that is one of the few complaints I have with the boat. It really should have been resolved in the design or at the factory because there is no way my hands are getting in there very easy.

I use rod socks and then will just twist or spin rods gently to snake them through there and I only put my heavier bait casters (musky and bass) in there as it already has claimed a few of my lighter walleye trolling rods.

Smellson

That’s what I’m afraid of. I put my 8 1/2′ trolling rods in there and am actually pretty surprised I haven’t busted a tip off…yet

Mark A Serra

I use rod socks on all my rods and haven’t had any issues getting caught up

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

I have problems in the in floor rod storage on my MX1825. Trying to put anything longer than 6’3″ on the right side is next to impossible. All my rods are stored in rod gloves. Just lost the tip on a 6’6″ Avid light. One of my crappie rods. flame

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

In my MX’s I have always used rod socks. I could see snapping a tip without one as guides and such get caught on stuff.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

In my MX’s I have always used rod socks. I could see snapping a tip without one as guides and such get caught on stuff.

I use the nylon rod glove on all rods and still busted a tip. I try to be extra careful putting them in also. flame

HMoshier

I know the thread is asking about the WX but my MX side rod holder has never caused a problem even with 8 1/2’ or 9’ rods. With or without rod socks. My biggest issue is turning the rods to get the guides clear of the holders. Now the center rod storage is a different story with the carpet and TM wiring up front. But I digress…

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Guys, wish there was a blanket answer to these comments…
    Through the years it has gotten far better, but generally speaking excess carpet and or electrical harness routing or rerouting is typically the culprit.

case by case basis we have re attached the wiring and trimmed out excess carpet where possible to improve the use.

I would always use rod socks though, especially on the long rods in side storage. Keep in mind it is not a straight line and the curve of the boat is not a straight line on 8 plus foot rods.

catnip
    south metro

A boat like that has exposed hoses and wiring in a rod locker from the factory? Should be fairly easy to pick up where they left off and trim them in with something.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I put 4 spinning and 2 baitcaster setups in my Dad’s 1910. Rods slicks on all of them. Very little maneuvering and they fit just fine.

Chad Engels
    Fargo, ND

Not sure what model year some of these WX 1910s are with this issue. I have a 2018 WX 1910 and the side rod storage is wide open, smooth, and very slick. I store multiple rods in there and pull them in and out all the time in a matter of seconds. I do use rod slicks but only to keep from tangling with other rods, boat wires and hoses have never been an issue.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.