Side imaging interference

• Smellson

Anybody else had an issue with interference on their side imaging display? Upgraded from a gen 1 to a gen 2 helix 12 with mega imaging and now how interference showing on just the side imaging display. I’ve tried disconnecting my high-speed 2d transducer and disconnecting all my Ethernet cables linked to other graphs and ulterra and nothing has changed it. Any ideas on the culprit? I’ve included a pic for reference

Attachments:
    1. 20190601_120022.jpg

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

Does the interference turn on and off when the trolling motor is on or off?

I have the same thing going on. The boat I bought has a starting battery and an electronics battery. I ran dedicated wire from the electronics battery to the locators. Basically what I have figured out is the Ulterra causes interference thru anything it is hooked to. The tranducer from the trolling motor, ethernet, and the on board charger all feed back and cause interference. I unplugged the transducer and ethernet still interference. I pulled both the fuses, both positive and negative, from the on board charger to the electronics battery and no more interference. I put switches on the wires from the on board charger to the electronics battery that I can turn on and off easier than pulling the fuses. I plugged the transducer and ethernet in one at a time and they both cause interference. I did some research and found a guy that that ran a dedicated ground from the ethernet port to the electronics battery and that solved the ethernet interface problem. I haven’t done this yet, but plan to soon. Good luck tracking it down. Let us know what you find.

Smellson

Does the interference turn on and off when the trolling motor is on or off?

Nope, tried disconnecting the trolling motor altogether

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

Where do you have the locator powered from? Under the console or dedicated wire to the battery?

Smellson

Powered under the console. Just strange because my previous unit was powered by all the same cords. I literally just swapped out the transducers ????

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

The mega frequency must be more sensitive. Could it be the livewell pump?

Smellson

Eh, livewell pump wasn’t running. I may try running direct to a separate battery to see if that helps. I don’t actually have an onboard charger connected to my starting/electronics battery

Smellson

Nope, no connection between my totalling batteries and starting battery. I did some more testing on the water today and instill came up with nothing. Tried isolating the helix to its own battery with every other electronic item in the boat disconnected from power and it still have me interference!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Nope, no connection between my totalling batteries and starting battery. I did some more testing on the water today and instill came up with nothing. Tried isolating the helix to its own battery with every other electronic item in the boat disconnected from power and it still have me interference!

Had this same problem and I just ended up keeping SI on my console and going with a Mega DI on the bow. Couldn’t ever figure it out. HB couldn’t seem to either.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.