side by side trailer help

• mike mulhern

I need help with deciding what kind of aluminum trailer to buy for a Can am commando. I have decided on a 18-footer for length as I haul a 4 wheeler too. Are there any accessories and or suggestions of must haves for this trailer. I sure appreciate the help the people on this site offer.

Mike

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

I have a 14 ft. Hillsboro aluminum trailer. The thing I like is it has 6 inch sides with slots for hook tie downs every 1 foot down the side. Always have a conveniant place to attach a rachet strap.

Coletrain27

If your going 18’ you might as well just get a 20’ and be able to haul 2 side by sides if you needed. I have a 20’ PJ and haul 2 rigs. Aluminum trailers of this size are VERY expensive now days

Jason

Well I would suggest twin torsion axles to give you a lower ride height. A minimum of 3500 lb axles with electric brakes. Ability to have a front side ramp for the wheeler. Removable side panels and or open with just stake pockets.
    Mission trailers built in Aberdeen SD owned by Alcom offers a decent larger trailer for the price.
    Expect 10k plus.

404 ERROR
    MN

I’ve pulled my SXS across the country many times with an Aluma. Best recommendation is E-tracks and tire nets are a MUST. Using tire nets almost eliminates any issues of straps coming loose

Coletrain27

I’ve pulled my SXS across the country many times with an Aluma. Best recommendation is E-tracks and tire nets are a MUST. Using tire nets almost eliminates any issues of straps coming loose

I was just looking at that type of setup the other day and want to do the same thing. Sick of regular ratchet straps always coming loose and stuff shifting on long hauls up north

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.