SI wouldn't display left side.

• carnivore
    Dubuque, Iowa

Was trying to find fish with my Helix 10 on SI yesterday. The unit would not display the left side so I started to check plug connections, tranducer obstructions etc. I am networked with a Helix 7 and use the 7 ducer for 2D while running on plane to view on the 10. I went to network setup and the 10 was designated for SI which is correct. Running out of ideas I switched 2D back to the 10 and immediatly got the left view back on SI. The 7 is DI but not SI if that has anything to do with it. Seems strange that 2D ducer selection impacted SI operation when SI ducer was selected for SI. Is something else going on that I’m missing?

to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

I had the same issue. Did a factory default reset and it fixed the issue.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Few things i’ll assume and you can correct me.

You have your SI and 2D transducers connected to a Y cable, that then connects to the Helix 10?
    The 10 is then networked to the 7 via ethernet cable?

If so, then i would do this.

1) Unplug both transducers from Y cable, unplug Y cable from 10.
    2) Plug your SI transducer directly into the 10.
    Problem solved? Then the Y cable is BAD. Replace cable.
    Problem exists? Then you might have a bad transducer. Verify by borrowing someone else’s, or contact HBird, maybe buy another. I’d visually inspect the cable going into the transducer to see if there is any damage.
    You may consider restarting the unit, and returning to default settings. It is possible there was a quirk/glitch that this may resolve.

I’ll leave it at that until you provide a few of those details and do a few of those diagnostics.

Good luck to ya.

carnivore
    Dubuque, Iowa

Thanks for replies. I have a third bird in the bow which was not turned on. All three units have ducers directly connected to the head units they came with. The units themselves plus my I-Pilot connect to the network switch or hub whatever it is called.

boone
    Woodbury, MN

I know on my Solix for Side Imaging, I can select left side only, right side only, or both sides. I think I hit the little boat icon to bring up that selection menu. Could you have somehow inadvertently selected Right Side only?

Based on what you wrote, it seems to be working fine now. Is that true?

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

What gens are your Helixs? A gen 1 Helix 2D will not work with a Gen 3 unless you go in and select generic 2D if Gen 2-3. The Gen 1s have 80-200 Frequency and the Gen 2-3 have HW chirp transducer for 2D.

carnivore
    Dubuque, Iowa

The left side came back as soon as I went back to the 10 from the 7 for 2D in setup menue. Both units are chirp Gen 3.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.