Shipping a car

• Mark Steffes
    Farmington, MN

Hello all,

I need to ship a car to my daughter in Indianapolis, has anyone ever done it or any IDO brokers out there have any suggestions

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Might be cheaper to drive it down yourself and fly home on a one way ticket.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Buddy does it based out of Texas. Pretty straight forward. Most charge a mileage rate from A to B. Some will have the mileage plus a modest pick-up loading fee.

One of my clients does it multiple times a year moving cars in his collection between his houses in Florida and Wisconsin. Some are huge $$$$ collectibles

Just verify they are insured (currently) if it’s a a newer car or high value you can request a named insured. Additionally, you can consult coverage with your insurance agent

slowpoke
    Perham Mn

I’ve had it done. We bought a right hand drive jeep for my wife on the mail route. It came from Grand Rapids Mi. We had a trucking company haul it in a dry van. Our son-in-law drove truck for the company and it worked out for him to pick it up. No discount though. It cost us $600. But with time and expenses it was way cheaper than driving/flying at that time.

Cooperman
    Nevis, Mn.

Drive it down and take the Greyhound back, even cheaper.

Mark Steffes
    Farmington, MN

I would, it that’s a 17 hour bus ride and $87 then when I add gas for trip down $200, plus tolls $40 and food $20 I’m at $347. Plus I need to take 2 days of work

phishingruven
    tip of the mitten

with today’s fuel prices, i bet it’s going to cost a grand.

huskyjerk
    Swea City, Iowa

Just sent a semi load out this morning for around $6.75 a mile. A pick up and trailer is probably a little cheaper, but not much.

MX1825

Just sent a semi load out this morning for around $6.75 a mile. A pick up and trailer is probably a little cheaper, but not much.

6.75 a mile for 1 car or a semi load of cars?

Musky Ed

I like Coopermans idea, but with her taking the greyhound to you and driving back. No loss of work for you that way.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I’d have her get a flight home and drive the car to Indianapolis.

Flights are about $300. The drive is 9 hours or so (590 miles). You’re looking at 30 gallons of fuel ($120). It could be done for $500 total easily without you missing work and even paying for her fuel + flight.

We shipped a convertible to FL a couple years ago for an extended family member from storage. I know that was over $1000 and a decent headache arranging the pick up and whatnot.

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

I had to have a truck hot spotted from Montana to MN lastSprings. Was about $1200. I just Googled hot shooting a car. Put in for a bid for where wanted to go, and I started getting calls in 5 minutes to bid

huskyjerk
    Swea City, Iowa

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>huskyjerk wrote:</div>

6.75 a mile for 1 car or a semi load of cars?

It was a van trailer full of equipment, no cars.

Mark Steffes
    Farmington, MN

Hello all,

I was able to get it shipped for $420 they pick it up tomorrow and delivered next day.

phishingruven
    tip of the mitten

nice! that sounds really cheap.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.