Live update from Sherman

• Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Getting a few crappies this morning. 13.5 inches is the biggest so far. 8 of us have split into small groups now to try and find some good schools.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Sounds real good Ben! I bet the weather up there is just phenomenal. 55 here right now, can’t complain about that a bit. Next time I check this I’ll be looking for the picture of the 9lb ‘eye.

pullinbait
    NEBRASKA

A few white bass a few crappie. If you are planning on fishing by the dam you better bring a snow shovel. The Jiffy was bottomed out on snow in the shallowest places to get through the ice. 11-12 inch crappies and 1/2 lb white bass, no walleye. The water is starting to perculate through the ice though. 12 – 14 inches of good ice, but I don’t know for how long. Ben, were all your crappie on lures w/minnows? We finally put away the waxies started using minnows later in the day. We couldn’t get a crappie without using a minnow.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

We had better luck using small jigs and waxies when the fish were not real active. As the bite would pick up we would switch to bigger spoons with minnow heads. We never had a crappie all day on a full minnow.
    Our group caught close to 20 walleye today but only 3 were decent sized. I can’t get the pics uploaded on my phone so I’ll get some up when I get home. We plan on staying and fishing all day tomorrow.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Sounds like good stuff, guys. The weather really could not have worked out much better, so I hope you guys have another enjoyable day on the ice today. Have a good time and be safe on the way home.

deerslayer13

It’s sounds like you guys had a fun day Saturday. How did you do Sunday??? Where and how did you guys fish ??? Last time we were there . We could get all over on the the with 4 wheelers. Is that still the case??? Or is thereto much snow and ice build up in places..

layne-monroe
    Lincoln, Ne

Brad and I had an awesome time on Saturday Ben…. Thanks again for the invite! Best day of the year by far! Lets get up there again sooooooon…..

Layne Monroe

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.