may 12th fishing report

• boos1906

My buddy and I headed upto sherman on tuesday to try for some walleyes. We got anchored on our spot where we wanted to fish which was a wind blown rocky point. We caught our first fish on our first cast. It was just short of 15 inches. Then the wind really came up and we couldn’t hold anchor anymore. So we decided to head down to willow point area and try some drifting. We caught 0 fish there but had a few bites. Then the wind layed down quite a bit and we headed back to our first spot and caught our limit in about 30 minutes. We caught them pitching 1/4 ounce yellow and orange jigs tipped with half a crawler in 3-6 fow.

jebb-hatch
    Kearney, Nebraska

Thanks for the info. Sounds like a good trip. Any Pics?

boos1906

Unfortunately I don’t have a digital camera so I take all my photos with a disposable camera. I would say the bite was pretty good. We only caught 7 fish the whole time. 3 shorts and 4 keepers. For that half hour that we caught our fish we were pretty much either catching or missing a fish every cast. We caught them in the same exact spot on saturday doing the same thing except for with leeches. Saturday they were all about leeches and tuesday they were all about crawlers

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Thanks for the report Did you catch your overs too?

boos1906

No we didn’t catch our overs. After we caught our unders we went back into a bay and tried fishing for crappie. We had no luck but didn’t try very hard. We had a spot where we thought we could maybe catch our overs but decided to fish for crappie instead.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.