Sherman

• wallihunters
    Grand Island NE

Has anyone tried fishing at sherman yet along the dam or is it to early thanks for any info

CornHunka

From what I’ve been hearing, there’s still quite a bit of ice along the dam at Sherman.

rippin-lips
    Kearney

Still guys ice fishing last week on the dam. I drove by there last wednesday and there was a few pockets of open water but is still has a long way to go.

djorg
    Central City, NE

Sherman is always one of the last lakes to lose it’s ice. This year the ice really piled up in front of the dam. At times it was all that we could do to get our augers throughthat ice on the dam.

wallihunters
    Grand Island NE

Wow, I had no idea that there was all that ice on sherman, Glad I asked, thanks for the info guys, hopefully we can get on it by the end of march.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Hey Jorg,
    Do they still not release any water into Sherman until about the middle of April?

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

It is usually early to mid April Brian.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Thanks for the pics!!

I’m launching at Thunder Bay at 8:30 tomorrow morning.

wallihunters
    Grand Island NE

Has anyone had any luck at sherman, I cant wait to get the boat out, are the walleye in prespawn yet or is the water temp to cold!!!

rippin-lips
    Kearney

Water temp in the shallow water by thunder bay boat ramp was only about 40 a few days ago. I would think it needs to warm up before the fish begin to move.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.