Tournament April 18-19

• prov1900
    NE Nebraska

Anyone fishing this? I am thinking about it pretty seriously. I fished the tournament a couple of years ago. Is this going to be the same format? Cabelas qualifier?

prov1900
    NE Nebraska

Anyone? Bueller?

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

At this time I’m not planning on it. I got a few things going that weekend but I’m hoping to be there Sunday to do some fishing.

I looked on the NWT website and it doesn’t say anywhere that it is a NTC qualifier.

prov1900
    NE Nebraska

Thanks Ben. I was wondering about that, hence the reason I asked. I guess if you aren’t fishing it, I should have a pretty good chance at winning

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

That tournament is not an automatic qualifier for the NTC and it will be ran as a regular 2 day tournament as usuall.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

This is from the NWT website:

“2009 NEBRASKA WALLEYE TRAIL
    April 18th and 19th- Sherman- Trade Winds Marina- $250 Entry Fee
    May 3rd- Sherman- Rose Placzek Memorial- $150 Entry Fee
    May 30th and 31st- Lake McConaughy- Shut-up and Fish- $250 Entry Fee
    June 27th- Merritt- Chamber Open $150 Entry Fee
    June 28th- Merritt- NWT State Championship $100 Mandatory Fee and Big Fish

Plans for the 2009 season are already taking shape for the 2009 Nebraska Walleye Trail. We had a great year in 2008, but 2009 promises to be even more exciting with the changes that have been made. The NWT is working very hard to increase the number of sponsors and provide rewarding opportunities for our anglers. Our goal is to create larger purses, to add more prizes and to make the Nebraska Walleye Trail the ultimate experience for our anglers. The entry forms and web page have been updated so check it out and sign up to fish the NWT today.

We have scheduled five tournaments (4 open tournaments and the championship). Anglers can fish all five tournaments and only have to make 4 trips! We have again also scheduled around the Cabela’s NTC dates. To qualify for the State Championship anglers must fish 3 out of the 4 open tournaments. Money will be added to the purse for those who qualify to fish this year’s championship, along with the $100 mandatory entry/big fish fee, it should be a great paying event. Anglers who finish in the top ten in points at the end of the season will receive cash and prizes at the rules meeting and awards banquet to be held at Merritt Reservoir on the evening of June 27th. We will also award prizes for team of the year, locators of the year, and chargers of the year at the awards banquet.

Last season the NWT paid back over $80,000 in cash and prizes back to the anglers in their five tournaments, which included over $14,000 in cash and prizes paid out to the top ten placing teams at the end of the season. We are working very hard to make this year even better for the NWT anglers.

The five NWT Tournaments are run separately by individual organizers and those tournaments make up this years Nebraska Walleye Trail. We would like to thank the tournament directors who run these tournaments for all they do and making this trail possible. A special thanks to Steve Isom, Scott Placzek, Tim Hoffman and Darrel Morrow. We would also like to thank the NWT board who make this trail possible: Steve Isom, Scott Placzek, Tim Hoffman, Darrel Morrow, Ted Robinson, and Diane Hoffman.
    Check this site for detailed information about each tournament as they approach. The NWT season will be here soon!”

prov1900
    NE Nebraska

Thanks Zach. Are you fishing it?

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

If someone needs a partner then I will.

royalflush

Quote:

I’ll pay the entry fee. Could be fun.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Quote:

Quote:

PM me if your serious

prov1900
    NE Nebraska

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PM me if your serious

Hey now, if Zach fishes this tournament, that kills my chance at first place.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PM me if your serious

Hey now, if Zach fishes this tournament, that kills my chance at first place.

Just ask me to fish with you

I hope that I do fish this tournament!!!! Not only because I LOVE to tournament fish Sherman but also because the new reg’s up there are going to make it a wide open tournament that will require a LOT of strategy and self control!!

prov1900
    NE Nebraska

Hey, if I can fish 3 in my boat, I would pay your way as well. I would consider it guiding fees.

prov1900
    NE Nebraska

Hey Zach,

What are the new regs there?

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Quote:

Hey Zach,

What are the new regs there?

2 walleye 15″-20″ and 1 over 28″ Should make tournament fishing there a real test of intestinal fortitude

prov1900
    NE Nebraska

Roger that. I like the regs. Thanks for the reply. We are looking forward to April. See you there!!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.