Reports For Sherman

• walleyed_joe
    E Nebraska

Hi all,

I’m new to this forum and I am liking the setup already!

My father and I are headed out to Sherman this weekend to enjoy some much needed father/son time and even try to catch a few fish. I was wondering if anyone has been out there as of lately and had some advice/tips/tricks to help increase our success. We are mostly going to target eyes and crappie but are open to anything.

Thanks in advance!

boos1906

The Nebraska walleye trail was there a couple weeks ago. You can read the article about how the tournament was won and stuff at the link I provided below. It will be a couple weeks old but might be a starting point. Hope this helps out.

http://www.nwtrails.org/

walleyed_joe
    E Nebraska

Thanks boos and B Rob. We’ll have a few days to motor around so hopefully we can find a pattern. I will be sure to give a report when I return. Weather looks good as of right now so fish or no fish it should be enjoyable.

mb376
    Lincoln, Nebraska

I would guess with this weather the fishing should pick up. It appears southerly winds starting Thursday through the weekend. If you find a pattern it probably will stick for a while. I would think windblow structure (points dropoffs etc..) then work different depths until you find them. I wouldn’t be surprised if you find some in 4-7 feet of water.

huskerdb
    Kearney, Nebraska

Good luck Joe.

We would all appreciate a quick report back on how you did.

walleyed_joe
    E Nebraska

We had a great time at Sherman this weekend. We managed to catch limit amounts everyday include some in the slot and my PB 29”+. All the big piggies were released back in very healthy conditions keeping just enough pan sized for a great dinner. I was impressed in the condition of all fish that were caught. Fish were mostly on drop-offs next to the shallow flats anywhere from 7 – 20 FOW. Worm rigs seemed to work best with the occasional fish on the pulsar. Crappie fishing was hot. Lots of shorts but we did find a few females in the 13”+ range in deeper water looking like they still had yet to spawn. They too will live another day. All in all I was very happy with the fishery and we are already planning our next trip back!

jebb-hatch
    Kearney, Nebraska

Congrats on the PB. Looks like a good outing.

huskerdb
    Kearney, Nebraska

Outstanding! Glad to hear you had success. Thanks for reporting back.

mb376
    Lincoln, Nebraska

Thanks for the report, great job, but you may want to rethink the belt buckle.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Wow. Now that’s a great day on the water!! Gas money well spent.

Now go spend some more on a decent belt buckle.

walleyed_joe
    E Nebraska

Great time had by all. I did re-think the belt buckle but I was unable to find one in a larger size! Ha! I am looking forward to 2016 when the two teams can play again. Hopefully CU will be able to make it a game by then. I always love watching those two teams go at it. Even better during a fish fry!

boos1906

Nice report joe. Congrats on the new pb. That is one of my favorite lakes to fish. I use to live a hour away but now live about two hours away. Haven’t been up there in two years. Thinking I need to make a trip back

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.