I’m heading out now!

lick

Thanks for sharing your amazing day with us Kurt

chev70
    SW Wisconsin

Congrats on a awesome morning of sheddin

shednut
    22 feet up

Saturday night I got together for some beers and deer talk with the fellow that owns the land where I found the two big ones from my snowmobile early this year. Turns out he’s letting me keep the ones I found on his place, though if he finds the matches I’m giving them to him whether he likes it or not He had matches to three of the sheds that I had found on saturday so we did some trading to match them up. I gave him the big five point that scored about 65″ for two mid 50″ sheds to complete the pairs. Here’s a pic of the two matched sets that I ended up with.

shednut
    22 feet up

Took a hike yesterday with the nice weather. It was slow going until I got into a strip of standing corn. I was working down a row when I heard an antler clunk against the frozen snow….looked up to see BB prancing towards me with a chunky shed. As quick as she delivered it she took off back to where she had come from and snagged the other side of what would be rougly a 135″ buck. I was smiling ear to ear and BB was really feeling it, she took off nose to the ground and within a minute or so she come back with a 6″ spike. We worked our way to the end of the strip and then I hopped over a couple rows and headed back to where I started. BB was right in front of me when I heard her nose kick into overdrive, sure enough she pulled a tiny little shovel shaped shed from right next to my foot! We worked some bedding areas but came up empty. While crossing a bean field on the way back to the truck she snagged another 3 point. That made five for BB and zero for me, I guess she just brought me along to take pictures
    We got back to the truck had a drink and headed to the other side of the farm. Now it was my turn, managed to find 3 sheds before dark. That put us up to 8 on the day and jumped the season total up into the 20’s

shednut
    22 feet up

We headed out again this morning and managed another small shed. Kind of funny how it was found. BB was playing and rolling in the snow, so I stopped to pick up a snowball to toss at her. When I looked up she rolled over and we both seen a shed buried right next to where she’d been farting around. I think we both did a double take I forgot my camera so I only have the at home pic

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Man you are on fire , Keep up the good work Man .. Oh and dog

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I love these updates…BB is just an amazing dog! Those are some great pictures as well! Oh yeah, and the finds are nice too!

travis_eckman
    Trempealeau County, WI

When’s BB coming over to help me find some sheds!?!…I guess you can come too Kurt!

lick

Quote:

When’s BB coming over to help me find some sheds!?!…I guess you can come too Kurt!

Road trip down here too ! !

Love the pics Kurt keep em coming

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Wow! That is good stuff! Congrats to you and BB!

shednut
    22 feet up

BB and I took a hike again yesterday, walked for a few hours without finding squat. We worked our way back to the strip of corn that BB had so much luck in last week. The snow was finally gone and BB managed to pull two more small sheds from it. We walked over to another part of the farm and I was walking along a fenceline when I seen a single tine sticking up. It’s from a buck I know from trailcam pics. His right side scored 52 1/2 inches with only 1 tine. Based off the pics I figured it should’ve been about 70″ if he wouldn’t have broken the G1, G3, and G4 .

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Keep them coming and great job

shednut
    22 feet up

Another long walk today produced one shed. It’s probably my favorite on the year though as it’s from a 2 1/2 year old that I passed up at least a dozen times this past fall. It was laying right on the edge of a thin fallow field and is bleached as white as snow. Funny thing is the shed was found probably about a mile away from where I seen him constantly this past fall.

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Nice find He is big for a 2.5

huntalot60
    wisconsin

great finds so far. love checking for up dates

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Keep the reports and pics coming shednut!

shednut
    22 feet up

Quote:

Nice find He is big for a 2.5

Thanks fellas. Yeah Bob I put a tape to it yesterday and was dumbfounded with what I came up with. After rechecking my math 3 times I came up with 60″ on the button. It will be exciting to see what this buck turns into in the next couple years.

shednut
    22 feet up

Well it always bum’s me out to say it’s over but with too many irons in the fire my shed hunting season has come to an end. Managed to pick up 26 which is about par for the course on the ground I hunt. I’ve been extremely pleased with how BB did and we managed to find some quality sheds, and most of all had alot of fun hiking and learning more about my hunting area. Here’s a season ending shot along with some sheds and pics of the bucks they came off of. The last buck picture is the buck that I found his right side but traded it for a couple other singles to make matched sets. Thanks for all the kind words and following along, it’s alot of fun to share my finds and I truly enjoy seeing everyone’s successes throughout the sheddin’ season. Best of luck to all that are still heading out in search

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

congrats on another incredible year of shed hunting
    Thanks for taking us along for the ride

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

That’s a hellof a year and a big congrats Love all the shed pictures from this year

huntalot60
    wisconsin

had a great time reading and looking at all the horns, thank you for sharing

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Congrats on a great year shed hunting and for posting all of the wonderful reports and pictures! I can’t wait to see what BB does in the years to come!

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.