where to look

• mitch_otto

I know its kinda a dumb question but where do you guys tend to start? This is gonna be my first year hunting for them and looking for a couple pointers. Thanks

wild_thang
    Minnesota

I would say to look in the bedding areas, food sources or Bob’s shop!!

john_steinhauer
    p4

i check bedding areas first then work to the food and then around the food

pool5hunter
    South East,Mn

Anywhere other than my spots The main thing I do is walk very beat down trails and check lots of beds.

mitch_otto

Thanks guys for the info. I’m excited to get out there and see what I can find. Yeah pat right after I made my post I seen that thread very informative. Good luck to all you other shed hunters.

lick

Quote:

I’ll have to add Bob’s shed to my list of places to look

Thanks Wild Thang and Welcome to iDo

wild_thang
    Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

I’ll have to add Bob’s shed to my list of places to look Thanks Wild Thang and Welcome to iDo

Thanks,Yeah, I think there are more than 100 sheds in there how many do you want?

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Welcome to IDO Wild Thang!

Other good spots to look is along fenceline crossings or ditch/drainage crossings. Sometimes after the buck jumps, it will jar its antlers loose.

wild_thang
    Minnesota

Thanks to all of you who welcomed me to IDO. I am learning so much about deer that I never knew and now that I have been hunting the last two years, I have learned alot more!! It is an exciting experience and can’t to learn and hunt more!! I guess I never knew what I was missing out on.

travis_eckman
    Trempealeau County, WI

Welcome “Wild Thing”! There is a wealth of knowledge that the IDO community brings…success starts here!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.