Bonus antler

• jason-cyboron
    Lincoln, NE

I’ve got the Nuvi 200W and it is also a great unit. I also thought I’d post this quote where Wade explains what the remanufactured units are.

Quote:

Remanufactured units are great way to save money. In my opinion, anytime you can get in on a remanufactured product you want, as long as it carries the same warranty as the “new” unit, grab it. This unit carries that same one year warranty as “new”.

Here’s how this works. When electronics are manufactured and come off the assembly line, about one in ten are tested for quality assurance at most places. If that batch meets QA standards, the entire batch is put into distribution. Those units end up in the hands of customers and a number of them are dead on arrival, or have technical problems right out of the box. Since they are under warranty, the customer sends the defective unit back to the store, or to the manufacturer. Those defective units are then “remanufactured” (repaired) by the manufacturer, and (here’s the key in my opinion) each unit is tested before it is then put back into distribution. Technically, it can not be sold as “new”. So, they are sold as remanufactured units, usually at a healthy discount. The key for me is that instead of 10 percent of the units being tested, 100 percent of the remanufactured untis are tested before they are put on the market. You’ve got a better chance of receiving a working remanufactured unit than a working “new” unit. And both are covered under the one year manufacturer warranty. In my opinion, it’s a win-win. The unit I have is remanufactured. No one would ever know the difference if we didn’t write it on the box.

That’s a rather lengthy explanation, but I think it’s important that our members understand the advantages of remanufactured units. Again, as long as the warranty is the same as the “new” warranty, you have nothing to lose and can save yourself a few bucks in the process.

mark_johnson
    St. Croix River

We were up on the north shore filming this weekend and I found myself with about an hour of freetime during daylight so I decided to go for a hike. Found this nice 5pt about 20ft from the road. It had short tines but very good mass! That’s only #3 for me this year, I cant wait for more of this snow to melt!!!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Nice one

coppertop
    Central MN

Nice find! but I do have to say that is just not fair!

lick

Quote:

mark_johnson
    St. Croix River

Quote:

Yeah, it did seem a little too easy. But that makes up for the 3 days I spent hiking in Missouri and didnt find any due to new snow and the fact that most were still carrying

shednut
    22 feet up

Hahah this shed looks awfully familiar….now I understand the other post Congrats to the rightful finder of this shed. Nice work

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Congrats Mark!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.