1st find of the year .

• big_g
    Isle, MN

We fished the south end of 2 mile…. I believe, and there was a ton of little perch on camera all morning long. I can say, I caught 3 jumbos over 3/4 lb, and when they came in, they hit the offering with some gusto. I was using a green ant tipped with 3 red larvae. I think the bite has picked up from 2 weeks ago, if you can get on top of em

big G

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

The weather is a big factor with this question!!!

Once we get some warmer temperatures and we get out of the below zero temp’s???? the perch fishing will pickup. what really limits you when out perch fishing is the cold and windy conditions. Once we have some warm sunny sky’s we will start to see more perch caught. Why is that, well it allows the fisherman that are out on the ice to move about more and locate the active schools of perch. If you have a cold windy day…what happens is most people get stuck in thier portable out of the elements! and not catching many fish.
    This weeks weather forecast has everyone thinking perch fishing or some pan fishing on one of the many lakes in the area. I am heading out crappie fishing today with some guys and perch fishing later in the week. The ice is around 30+ inches right now…so we will have a few weeks to fish perch. The lake roads are in pretty good shape. The drifts out off the roads is what you have to avoid!

Lets all hope for sunny sky’s and warmer temperatures, after all it is March right? or did I turn the calendar to the wrong page???

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

It’s 60+ degrees here in central Nebraska. We are thinking of working lawn chairs in the parking lot this afternoon.

gobig-or-gohome
    Lake Minnetonka area

So what does everyone think of this weekend perch bite? We have now had some very warm temps. I do not think I can make it up this weekend other then a day trip what are the reports?

ScottPugh
    Rogers / Grand Rapids

Will be up there all day on Monday tracking them down on the SW side of the late. Three guys + three augers = Swiss Cheese!!!

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Plan was to just check my cameras yesterday but ended up taking a walk
    Many are still packing both sides

lick

He will be a brute this fall

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Congrats Jason! Should be bigger and better this year!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Nice find GMAN!

ragerunner
    Winona, MN

Nice find Gman! I have about 10 bucks in a small standing corn field and only one has shed both sides. Sweet shed!

chev70
    SW Wisconsin

Good One GMAN

swimingjig
    Waumandee, WI

Nice shed! Good Job

bigfoothunter
    Whitewater Valley

Nice looking shed man!!!!…..Should be a hog next year……cool character too!

shednut
    22 feet up

Sweet find!

coppertop
    Central MN

Great first find of the year. Maybe I should be checking my cams soon too.

dea
    Hixton, WI

I would have thought it was too early for sheds, but I guess not. Nice find!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Nice one Gman… I just checked my cams too… there all right on the floor in the basement where I left em… Suppose I should get some batteries and do some cam hunting

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.