What do you do when…

• life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

So with work makeing everyone take a day off do to lack of work. I decided to go for a walk in the woods and look for sheds for the first time. Found all sorts of trails. Lots of deer poop, and some bedding spots with pieces of fur here and there. Anyway I was wondering are you guys maining checking rub spots on trees and posts looking for sheds? And second as I was wondering around following trails I walked over the side of a berm and boom herd off deer takes off. Yes it scared me. ANYWAY…what would you do there? Turn around and walk away or follow and see where they go?

TeamBurbot

Well if your lookig for sheds i would look in spots were deer spend alot of time, like feeding areas,or travel ways. thats where i feel deer will loose thier sheds. good luck looking

swimingjig
    Waumandee, WI

I start with the feeding areas and stageing areas. I try to wait until I know they have lost there horns before I go on the trails and check the bedding areas. It seems that isolated pine trees are a real magnet for finding sheds. As far as bumping them deer, as long as you don’t keep bumping them I think they will keep bedding there.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.