Searching for another rod

• Josh Hedstrom

Hi all, new here and just looking for some suggestions. I am looking at buying a TUCR and just wondering if what I’m looking at will work well for me. I am thinking of buying a 32 inch QT with the split grip. What I am looking for is a rod with a little bit of length, and something that can handle fishing some spoons, tungstens, and the occasional rap. I am wanting this as more for heavier fish, as I have a DH Al Dente Noodle that I love for panfish. I want something a little different for this rod though. I have been torn between the QT and the precision, been leaning more towards the QT lately though. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

AaronMoore

I had a QT, I don’t think is would be good for raps. Small spoons 1/16th -1/8th would be fine. I would look at the perch pounder if I were you

Dan Baker

The precision is very versatile, but tungsten might be a challenge for it. The same is true for the quick tip. Versitle, but the rap would push it. If you plan on more tungsten, go with the quick tip. If you plan more rap, then the percision. Both are very high quality.

Josh Hedstrom

More so will be fishing tungstens and spoons up to 1/8 oz or so, so I am leaning towards the QT. I think that I will be able to get more all around use out of it, being as I mostly target crappies, but want something that I can rig up for eyes and not worry about it. Sounds like that would fit the bill of the Quick Tip perfectly.

Mark Wilson

I’m not familiar with the Precision, and have only used the QT twice (so I’m far from an authority on the subject).

Having said that, I would suggest the QT. I think that 1/16 – 1/8oz is the sweet spot for this rod. I liked the rod with a 5mm tungsten, love the rod with a 1/10oz Swedish Pimple (currently tied on), and think that it might be an even better rod for 1/8oz Raps. I consider it a heavy panfish/ light walleye rod.

McCrappie
    Maple Grove

I just purchased a 32in split eva QT this fall and its a great rod I bought it for larger tungsten and smaller spoons I’ve only been out once this year but when I was out I tied on a size 4 rippin rap for shits and giggles and was impressed on how it handled it you wont be disappointed with the QT

Todd Sandberg

I know TUCR are sponsors, but I would also consider Thorne Brothers. I have 4 of their rods and love them. I’m sure TUCR also makes great rods. Just giving you options to consider is all.

snelson223
    Austin MN

You might want to see if you can find one in Stock at Scheels. I ordered rods the first of December from TUCR and they have not showed up yet. They said they are 4 to 5 weeks. So if you want to get something this year you better start shopping.

Josh Hedstrom

Thanks for the input everyone. I actually went to scheels yesterday and bought myself a 32″ QT with the split grip. I am excited to try it out tomorrow. Just have to get the honey do list finished first haha. This new combo should be exactly what I’m looking for.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2173.jpg

jld
    Holmen

Ditto here. Ordered the first week of December and not looking like I will see mine until the 3rd week of January. Should have made a run to Scheels to see what they had in stock. It will be here soon enough I guess.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.