Walleyes the week of May 25 through the 31.

• mroberts
    Nebraska

Where is the walleye fishing going to be the best the week of May 25 through the 31. The father inlaw and I are going to head to Oahe mabey around mobridge. I was just wondering what other people would do around that time of year.

walleyewacker18
    Rice Lake, WI

Get a hold of “jerr” on the site. He fishes there a lot and will be just getting done fishing then. He might be able to send you in the right Direction. Tell him Jordan Marsh aka walleyewacker18 sent you his way
    Jordan

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Quote:

Where is the walleye fishing going to be the best the week of May 25 through the 31. The father inlaw and I are going to head to Oahe mabey around mobridge. I was just wondering what other people would do around that time of year.

—Mississippi river pool 3 or 4, with river rat randy –651-764-0002

walleyehunter
    Melrose, WI

I would think you may be a little too far North for the heavy bite during that timeframe. Usually around the end of May and early June, the fish are between Bushes and Whitlock. I would put myself at Bushes and head North a little ways to Sutton’s and Willow the first day. If North doesn’t produce, start working your way South to the Mouth of the Cheyenne.

Justin

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Quote:

Get a hold of “jerr” on the site. He fishes there a lot and will be just getting done fishing then. He might be able to send you in the right Direction.

Who? Jerr? Nah…he doesn’t know anything….

Nah, Jerr’s a great guy with knowledge of that area. I bet he just might know how to help you out. Until I tell him who you are, that is, Matt…..

jerry b
    western WI

just got it from a hot source today that they’re still hitting well @ Pierre. I was over there last week and did well while the weather co-operated but it’s been pretty ugly since then. As for up around Mobridge I’ve not heard anything, the Cheyenne River was a wasteland last Sunday. jerr

EDIT- –

as an after thought, I’ve done exceptionally well around West Whitlocks about that time of year. Depending what the tournament schedule is around Mobridge, accomodations and prefishing pressure might be a little heavy. I’ve always camped so I don’t know what accomodations will be @ Whitlocks.

mroberts
    Nebraska

Oh thanks Brian. jerr I dont think my fathern law knows what he wants to do one day its Mobridge then its Pierre then he was talking about going clear up north. If I had to put my money on it we will be fishing Pierre that will be the colsest drive from Clearwater. Oh and thanks for keeping me posted.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Matt,

Here is my 2 cents. If you stay in Pierre, it allows you to fish both the lake and the river as it’s locally known. The lake can be brutal if you get windy days. However, you can get down on the river and not get the crud beat out of you. You may have to trailer a bit more staying there, but it opens up your options a lot more in my opinion.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Thanks Koot, keep forgetting you’re a Dakota boy.

There ya go Matt, looks like you got your answers. Now get goin!

mroberts
    Nebraska

I will be going at the end of the month. Sounds like we will be in the fater inlawas boat. It is a 16 ft red and white Sylvan pro select

mroberts
    Nebraska

Well the rooms are booked we will be fishing at Mobridge next week. Can’t wait to get up there been waiting for this trip for four years. The boat has always been full. We will be in a red and white Slyvan.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.