NAIFC Richmond lake

• DickyRay

Hello everyone,
    I was looking for some info on Richmond Lake. I am a Michigander coming to your fine state to fish in the NAIFC toury on Jan 10. Anything with be helpful. I few of they thinks that I would like to know are:

1.) Catch limits on the lake I believe the State limit is 25 a day and hoping the lake is the same.

2.) Any fishing/Ice reports.

3.) Any Local Bait shops.

4.) I have a snowmobile register in MI do I need to register in SD.

4.) Good places to eat.

5.) Good local bar.

Can’t wait for my first trip to SD

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I was going to fish this event. I found a ton of information online about lake richmond. Really shocking information to be exact about the lake. Looks to be a really good producer for some great panfish action. At least according to the resources within the lake itself. Good luck fishing.

DickyRay

Thanks Calvin.

Do you have any of those websites handy? I have found some good info but want to be well prepaired for the 16 hr trip out there. We are going to be there for a few days of pre-fishing. If it is run anything like the ones here in MI its is run very well and alot of good people and times,
    thanks.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I do know that this lake has several cribs dropped into the lake to help these panfish have some habitat to relate too. Also I believe they drop some form of conifer reefs (aka christmas trees) to help aid in the habitat for fish. Not much studies have been done to see if these cribs or reefs have helped with the size of fish, because the lake is so stained and dirty that any underwater camera use didn’t work.

sorry I don’t have the link any longer, I was just doing a basic search on Richmond lake.

by the way welcome to IDO..

ealbrecht

I will see you out there for the tourney Calvin, from the local reports i have been hearing they are catching some nicer crappies on Richmond. Should be an interesting tourney, hopefully some more teams sign up

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.